Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and appreciation thread
Jan 12, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #151 of 783
It would be cool if someone cooked up a DIY adapter to use the SR-002's plug on pro jacks and visa versa.

Yesterday my friend hooked adaptor 4,5 volt to his new Srm 002 doesn't works

But to his srm 001 mk 2 works

I haven't hooked my adaptor to my Srm 002

Later on I will try it and let you know .

We also looking and trying to build DIY adaptor for our Srm 002
Because the battery can last only 5 - 6 hours
We try use rechargeable battery to cut the cost but one use battery :D

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #152 of 783
Quote:
Yes you can buy through your Stax distributor or reseller like Justin about the cable

unfortunately there is no Stax distributor where I live (at least one that offer's replacement parts like Audiocubes or Yama's) but thanks a lot of bring up the idea of contacting Justin about it, missed this one out.. - . -

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #154 of 783
the cable doesnt look like its detachable.  i dont want to pull too hard on it...

The cable is detachable Justin

One of my friend want buy for his sr 002 , the replacement cable for sr 003 mk 2

I have the answer from Stax Japan as follow :

Cables for SR-002 SR-003MK2
Yes, you can change (Use) SR-003MK2's Cable with SR-002, and the contrary way is also made.
(Can connect (use) SR-002's cable with SR-003MK2)

2. Driver unit for SR-003MK2
Yes, of course you can use any type Drivers like SRM-252S, 006tS, 007tII and 727II, etc.

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #156 of 783
Quote:
the cable doesnt look like its detachable.  i dont want to pull too hard on it...

Yep it is as said in our pm discussion, don't pull by the cable though, it requires a slight of force but detaching/attaching it too much you will stuff up the small pins in the plug.

Quote:
The cable is detachable Justin

One of my friend want buy for his sr 002 , the replacement cable for sr 003 mk 2

I have the answer from Stax Japan as follow :

Cables for SR-002 SR-003MK2
Yes, you can change (Use) SR-003MK2's Cable with SR-002, and the contrary way is also made.
(Can connect (use) SR-002's cable with SR-003MK2)

2. Driver unit for SR-003MK2
Yes, of course you can use any type Drivers like SRM-252S, 006tS, 007tII and 727II, etc.

Do you have a source for which you can buy replaceable cables for these, (either the proprietary portable amp cable or the pro-bias SR-003 one) ?

Quote:
Wow, I had no idea they made the cable detachable now. That's excellent and saves the hassle of having to make an adapter. Thumbs up to Stax.

LOL, yeh the thing is, where does one buy replacement cable's from? Now that is the question...

Stax's idea on self-replaceable parts is pretty awesome but getting those parts (except the new in production line stuff) is PITA.

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #160 of 783
Are these comfortable? And can one use these portably? I think these are open-aired right?

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #162 of 783
Are these comfortable? And can one use these portably? I think these are open-aired right?

I won't say they're comfortable but they're not painful either. Would love to see if some kind of more comfortable mod can be made to it - custom tips maybe?

They kinda just hang off my ear at least (during demo, didn't buy one in the end).

Definitely can be used portably with the SRM-002. But yes open-aired - wouldn't recommend using it on the streets nor cafe unless you crank the vol up...in which case everyone else around can hear your music.

Jan 13, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #165 of 783
Quote:

Comfortable? They are just alright depending on your ear though, you can slip other tips on but the standard oval rectangulish tips don't go in your ear-canal, hence why these are not called earbuds or your regular IEM. I get a itchy sensation in my ears after few hours of usage but hey that's just me.

You can use them as portables only with the SRM portable amplifier units though.

They have an open design, poor isolation and not good in noisy environments due to its large open meshed port on the faceplate side but given the way stats work they need to be open aired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back