Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and appreciation thread
Jun 6, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #391 of 783
Quote:

anyway i have a SRM-1 Mk 2 Driver lying around can i somehow connect it with the SR 002 with an external adapter? already search in STAX website and cant find one..

thx..

Sure you can build an adapter or you can swap around the cables from the portable cable to  a SR003 Stax cable.  It's the same headphone, different plug.  I wouldn't swap the cables too often as the connection on the phones is somewhat delicate.  

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #392 of 783
My defective unit was replaced for a new one.
The newer unit is better built, with a better battery bay.
Also, it does not emit the high pitch sound at start up (or in Econo mode) previously described by others.
I am also able to use the ebay battery pack without hum.
Sadly, the AC adapter is unusable due to hum.
I really like this headphones :)
Thanks StaxUSA for dealing with this issue. Yes, you can buy Stax directly from Japan, but the warranty is worth it.

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #393 of 783
Quote:
 Sure you can build an adapter or you can swap around the cables from the portable cable to  a SR003 Stax cable.  It's the same headphone, different plug.  I wouldn't swap the cables too often as the connection on the phones is somewhat delicate.  

Would you happen to have the pins out for the proprietary plug connection to a pro-bias jack? I have a spare pro-bias jack that I'd like to make adaptor for my 001's.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #394 of 783
I'm looking for ideas for clipping the driver to shorts.  Being portable, I'm surprised Stax didn't provide a solution.  I have been putting the driver in my pocket while at the gym, but it sometimes gets in the way (e.g., squats.)  If I can't find a little bag w. a clip, I suspect I'll drill a hole and attach a clip.

I have been using Sanyo 2,700 mAh NiMH batteries, but their tight fit makes them difficult to seat while making contact - but they do work.

I have an AK120 arriving next week, and look forward to pairing it with the Stax.

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #396 of 783
Quote:
I'm looking for ideas for clipping the driver to shorts.  Being portable, I'm surprised Stax didn't provide a solution.  I have been putting the driver in my pocket while at the gym, but it sometimes gets in the way (e.g., squats.)  If I can't find a little bag w. a clip, I suspect I'll drill a hole and attach a clip.

I have been using Sanyo 2,700 mAh NiMH batteries, but their tight fit makes them difficult to seat while making contact - but they do work.

I have an AK120 arriving next week, and look forward to pairing it with the Stax.

Really? The SRM-002 is not the best for exercise.
Sweat getting into the headphones and all that. I can think of better phones for that.
Quote:
Is it possible to use 2AA 3.2v LiFePO4 in these without blowing them up? I am looking forward to ordering these

I am not sure is a good idea.
Eneloop 2500 mAh works well; or an external battery pack.
You asked a similar question on 4/27/13

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #397 of 783
I'm trying different batteries to get the most out of the amp. It's rated at 4.5V so trying different things to boost sound quality and my previous question was for 3.7V batteries which might produce magic smoke with the SRS 002.

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #400 of 783
Quote:
Really? The SRM-002 is not the best for exercise.
Sweat getting into the headphones and all that. I can think of better phones for that.
I am not sure is a good idea.

So the Stax are more sensitive to sweat/humidity? That's a shame, as the SRS-002 were a substantial improvement to the TripleFi 10 they replaced. Without the headband, I had no issue with the S-002 remaining securely located in my ears.

It has been an extreme contrast listening to my SR-009 at home and then having to listen to poor quality sound when spending my few hours of free time outside of work at the gym.  

Jun 17, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #401 of 783
Quote:

So the Stax are more sensitive to sweat/humidity? That's a shame, as the SRS-002 were a substantial improvement to the TripleFi 10 they replaced. Without the headband, I had no issue with the S-002 remaining securely located in my ears.

It has been an extreme contrast listening to my SR-009 at home and then having to listen to poor quality sound when spending my few hours of free time outside of work at the gym.  

It's not just Stax just anything using electrostatic transducers are sensitive to sweat, dust, humidity etc. 

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #402 of 783
I have used STAX earspeakers since 1976 and the only time I ever got shocked was from the SR-003's at the gym while riding the stationary bike. Alittle too much sweat and I got zapped. It smarted a bit (nothing like the finger in the 120v wall outlet) and the earspeaker needed to dry out before all was well again but that cured me from using the SR-003 at the gym. I cannot believe this will do anything to extend the life of the earspeaker. And the gym is not an enviorment that is appropriate for critical listening, especially with the STAX that has almost no isolation. Yes, you can turn it up but.....

Jun 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #404 of 783
What is the size of the tip of the power supply? I'm waiting for delivery of SRS002. Can't wait...

Jun 28, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #405 of 783
Just use a car battery. Lasts longer.

I've been thinking about doing that to power my SRM-Xh. Do you know where I can find the right size connector, please? (I'm in Melbourne.) And how do you recharge a car battery without putting it in a car? These are obviously solvable problems but I don't know the details.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

• BenF
Back