Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and appreciation thread
Jun 28, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #406 of 783
Lol I was trolling when I said use a car battery. My Xh came with the supplied Japanese 100v wallwart. Jaycar has a nice multi voltage/multi-tip wallwart for $30.00 that I personally use with my Xh, no problems.

Jun 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #407 of 783
Lol I was trolling when I said use a car battery. My Xh came with the supplied Japanese 100v wallwart. Jaycar has a nice multi voltage/multi-tip wallwart for $30.00 that I personally use with my Xh, no problems.

Damn! (Funny though.)

I get a hum when I use a wallwart, despite trying two different ones, both apparently good quality.

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with my house's wiring, because the hum didn't happen in any of the previous places I've lived. Oh well. I'll try my amp in other people's houses to eliminate the possibility that it's broken since last time I moved.

Jul 31, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #410 of 783
Just picked up my SRS-002. In my ears. Very good sound, not quite as clean up top as I like, but otherwise, great. A steal for the price, to be sure, but damn, the comfort is poor. The headband digs into my ears but without it, the phones fall out. Very poor workmanship and materials, but for this price it's not too bad.

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #411 of 783
You need to change the silicon earbuds for some that fits you. I can use them with and without the headband, just need the good buds.

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #412 of 783
Quote:
You need to change the silicon earbuds for some that fits you. I can use them with and without the headband, just need the good buds.

I am using Ortofon eQ5/7 tips which are great. Unfortunately, the shape of my ears doesn't allow me to use the 002 without the band- or I've not found out how to balance them properly. I eventually got used to the Final Audio 1601, so this can't be much worse. 

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #413 of 783
I'm lucky that they sit sort of perfectly on/inside my anti-tragus and stay in with no problem.  I only need tips that give a gentle seal and no head-band.  They simply disappear once they are inserted.  I'm using the 001 tips still.

I'm not sure how they would do if I was using them on the move, I use them at my desk, hotel, etc...

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #414 of 783
I had though of trying them on the airplane (I will return to Canada for a few weeks in August), but erased that thought; I'll be hiking and camping and would hate to ruin a headphone that obviously is made for home use. I really dig them, wishing only that the highs were as open as some of my favourite balanced armature earphones.

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #417 of 783
Any recommendations on a pelican case that will fit the whole portable system (headband, SR-002, SRM-002, and maybe a player)?

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #418 of 783
I have the 1060.  I put the 002's, the amp, a Pico Dac and all the cables in there with room to spare.  Fitting a small player would be no problem.

You'd need to be a little creative to fit the headband in there, but I just confirmed it would go.

Aug 5, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #419 of 783
Quote:
I have the 1060.  I put the 002's, the amp, a Pico Dac and all the cables in there with room to spare.  Fitting a small player would be no problem.

You'd need to be a little creative to fit the headband in there, but I just confirmed it would go.

Thanks! As always, your advice is much appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back