Stax factory tour and interview in Japan approved during my trip to Tokyo Japan December 6th to December 13th 2012.
Nov 27, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #46 of 83
Yes, I don't expect any answer for discussions about future products detail, but it costs nothing to ask...

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #47 of 83
I'll arrive at 10:30 at Haneda. Lunch is possible (in the city?) but to make my 8pm flight I'll probably be leaving the city at no later than 6pm. 

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #48 of 83
Quote:
I wish you could come Sean, but the Stax person was already surprised 3 of us are going ... I guess if any one of us can't make it, you should jump onboard!
Cheers, Arnaud

That's ok, Stax has seen my ugly face already :D.

Quote:
I'll arrive at 10:30 at Haneda. Lunch is possible (in the city?) but to make my 8pm flight I'll probably be leaving the city at no later than 6pm. 

You're kidding!? You're here for less than a day!? OK I'll block my day free and just do my own thing until you guys are done with Stax. Let me know where you are thereafter and I'll meet you there.

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #49 of 83
I think the only way to make this work around Currawong's flight schedule without sweating bullets is interview from 1PM (after their lunch time) and early bird dinner / drinks after coming back from Stax.

Nov 30, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #50 of 83
I'd be curious about what they feel is the main limiting factor in their headphone design - in terms of how far they can push the envelope on their flagship.

Personally I'm still waiting for something with higher performance than the 009.

I'm also curious about what they feel about people thinking that the original omegas are one of the best.

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #51 of 83
I have updated the questions based on feedback I received by PM, in this thread and such. Many thanks and wish me luck for the translation to Japanese now :wink:

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #52 of 83
私は、このスレッドなどで、私はPMが受け取ったフィードバックに基づいて、質問を更新しました。多くのおかげで、現在は日本語に翻訳のために私に:wink:を幸運を祈ります

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #53 of 83
Brilliant :). I will actually send the original questions in english too as, indeed, automatic translators have gone long ways toward basic understanding of the meaning :wink:.

Also used two private lessons to cleanup my translation (Scott owes me), so at least there shouldn't misunderstandings this way across... Sending these tonight...

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #55 of 83
What did we find out? That Stax was welcoming and cooperative to the point we left with so much more than ever expected! I don't mean we all left we a free pair of phones although we got a nice Stax cooking epron as parting gift :D

As discussed originally, nothing will be disclosed until reviewed and approved from Stax, which will take a while as I have a full hour of audio recording for the interview and some 20 minutes more for the tour... On the over hand, it's not like there was anything secret discussed so most of the talk will probably make it here. As currawong mentioned in the stax thread, we got interesting news however on how staxes are put together :).

I wanted to thank Scott here for thinking out loud what we previously thought would be difficult to make happen, it went well and beyond all my hopes!

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #57 of 83
Bump!  Isn't it about time we got view of the visit report?
popcorn.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #58 of 83
Well, the english version is in Stax's office but I have yet to another translation, back to Japanese this time. You might wonder what will be left of the meaning after this eng > jp (the questions) , eng> jp, jp > eng (the interview) , eng > jp (the article) effort :wink:

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #59 of 83
Well, with all that translation, maybe it will result in an SR010 coming out next month, then an SR011 out next year, with each new flagship being double the price of the preceding one?
But then again... maybe not.

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #60 of 83
In this case I would preach patience and I believe it will be worth the wait. What Arnaud, Currawong and Scottsmrnyc will provide is insight into a company that is very highly, if not one of the most highly regarded for us. We are fortunate for them to be generous enough to share the thoughts and inner workings of this company with our community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back