Stax factory tour and interview in Japan approved during my trip to Tokyo Japan December 6th to December 13th 2012.
Oct 30, 2012 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

Scottsmrnyc

500+ Head-Fier
I have just been approved for interviews and a factory tour of the Stax Earspeakers factory in Japan. I will have more information in a couple of days.  Safe to say, I will need an Japanese/English language interpretor for this event.  I would like to thank Yama's Enterprises. Inc for acting on my behalf in requesting the tour and interviews. 

I will keep you posted in regard to what transpires next.  You input, potential questions to be asked and ideas are always welcome. 

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #6 of 83
Gooky, I am not sure what you mean by " Sennheiser's plans." Could you be more specific.

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #7 of 83
Here is some additional qualifications placed upon me in regard to the Stax Interviews and factory tour.  I will not be able to publish anything anywhere, without the approval of Stax Earspeakers LTD.  I will also need a Japanese to English language interpreter.  Some of the places in the factory will be off limits and I will not be able to see these places. 

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #8 of 83
Gooky, I am not sure what you mean by " Sennheiser's plans." Could you be more specific.
Sennheiser is working on new electrostats and rumor has it they will show them at CES in January.

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #10 of 83
Thought the announcement was going to be at RMAF just passed? 
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Sennheiser is working on new electrostats and rumor has it they will show them at CES in January.

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #11 of 83
I wouldn't mind tagging along either (I hope you know what to ask during the interview to keep it interesting?)

As you may know from the stax thread (haven't you?), I did ask for your potential visit with Stax last week end and it was along the same lines as what the distributor told you.

Arnaud

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #13 of 83
Welcome Currawong and Arnaud.  You are more than welcome to come and join me for the interview/factory tour. More in a day or two.  Sorry to say that there isn't any more room for others to join me in this project at this time. 

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #14 of 83
Currawong and Arnaud, I will be arriving in Tokyo on December 5th and staying until December 14th.  I will be staying at the Hotel Niwa Tokyo- 1-1-16 Misaki-cho, Chiyoda-ku in Tokyo.  I will be submitting a set of questions to the Stax Earspeaker executives in a couple of days so that they can prepare some excellent responses.  If you have any questions you would like to submit, please let me know within the next two or three days.  We must also set a date for the tour and interview within the next two or three days.  I don't think this date can be changed once set.  I feel safe in assume that you will act as a translator and of course you should also feel free to participate in the interviews as well.  It will be great meeting the both of you upon my arrival in Tokyo. 

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #15 of 83
Hi Scott, sounds great ! I will take a day off work to accompany you there (you will need help to get there :wink: ) and can act as a translator. To be honest, I use Japanese extensively in my work to communicate with customers but I can run into issues if I miss the vocabulary. If Stax is kind enough to adjust their language level as required (they always have during our candid conversations at audio shows), I am confident I can help you. I will prepare for this in advance anyhow, ideally if I can receive the questions (and even better rough answers from Stax) in Japanese. I can also send the questions in Japanese but it will be faster through the distributor I believe.

Looking forward to meeting with you!

Arnaud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back