Starting out: do you get used to the pressure of full sized cans?
Jan 19, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #16 of 20

Quote:

If you liked the K1000 then save up and buy one,nothing else comes close.

Especially when modded. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
Quote:

If you liked the K1000 then save up and buy one,nothing else comes close.

Especially when modded. 
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the advice. I have one pair heading down under, courtesy of admin/mod extraordinaire Immtbiker (thanks Aaron!).

Fitz, please tell, what mods do you recommend, other than the mandatory hard wired cable upgrade?

The only others I am aware of are the removal of the mesh (leaving the internals vulnerable, depending on what mesh is removed), and the removal of the circuits, which act as a notch filter, and according to the SAA head honcho, the removal of which does not provide any improvement (or words to that effect).

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazenby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the advice. I have one pair heading down under, courtesy of admin/mod extraordinaire Immtbiker (thanks Aaron!).

Fitz, please tell, what mods do you recommend, other than the mandatory hard wired cable upgrade?

The only others I am aware of are the removal of the mesh (leaving the internals vulnerable, depending on what mesh is removed), and the removal of the circuits, which act as a notch filter, and according to the SAA head honcho, the removal of which does not provide any improvement (or words to that effect).

I do not recommend removal of the filter board either, and I've actually done detailed testing and measurement of the filter on the K1000. The mods I am using are not posted anywhere yet since I am still fine-tuning it, and they won't be easy for most people to do. I might write about it at some point, but I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort given the current state of Head-Fi. 
confused_face.gif

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #19 of 20

Quote:
I do not recommend removal of the filter board either, and I've actually done detailed testing and measurement of the filter on the K1000. The mods I am using are not posted anywhere yet since I am still fine-tuning it, and they won't be easy for most people to do. I might write about it at some point, but I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort given the current state of Head-Fi. 
confused_face.gif

Come on Fitz! Don't hold out like that on your fellow K1K brothers (er, and sisters).

Time for a new slogan: "Changing Head-Fi one K1000 mod at a time".

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #20 of 20

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazenby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

confused_face.gif

This could be the means of getting at least two wheels back on the rails.
wink_face.gif

Lets be honest their is not much action on other unmentionable forums.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back