Start Making Your Plans For 2011 CanJam @ RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest)!
Jun 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #47 of 262
Lookin' forward to it, JPnums. If the weather is good, I'll be riding my motorcycle, if not, well, I'll drive ... not near as fun, but worth it for the good times.

Jun 12, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #52 of 262
We got our tickets, t-shirts and a room booked a few days ago.  We'll be at the Marriott in a room overlooking the courtyard outside of the headphone room Friday and Saturday night.  

I'm really looking forward to this, and now just have to decide what gear to bring that wont be overwhelming like the previous 2 years.  I'd like to just bring my PS Audio PWD > Eddie Current ZDT with HD800, HE-500, HE-6 and LCD-2; but I always end up bringing both electrostatic rigs too, and the WES is a pain to take apart, move, and put back together.  On the other hand, the eXStatA or HEV70 is much easier to pack but doesn't sound as good.

Jun 13, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #55 of 262
I'd love to go. But I'll have to come down all the way from India, and flight costs are sky high. 

If only someone could sponsor me 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #57 of 262

Quote:
Wow, that's quite a bit of gear to setup HeadphoneAddict. I would love hear it.

I only want to bring enough to fit in a small 4 door sedan this time, not my 7 passenger car filled to the roof like before.

Jun 21, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #58 of 262
I am not bringing a set-up to this show, since I am coming by plane.  I want to spend a ton of time in the main RMAF show in addition to CanJam.

Jun 21, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #59 of 262
Got my weekend pass and airfare paid for a while ago. Just faxed over the hotel reservation. I'm all set! Be great to meet a lot of you usernames I see all the time.

Jun 22, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #60 of 262

Quote:
I am not bringing a set-up to this show, since I am coming by plane.  I want to spend a ton of time in the main RMAF show in addition to CanJam.

I'd love to hear your Ed8 or DX1000 someday, but since I don't plan to buy either of those I wont beg you to bring them.

I'm thinking to bring my Apple TV (with 100 Gb Apple lossless) and Nuforce CDP-8 as transports (and maybe a Macbook).  I know the Apple TV (1st gen) is supposed to have a lot of jitter on the optical out, but the PS Audio Perfectwave DAC did a wonderful job eliminating the jitter at the last RMAF, unlike my old DLIII.  I'll feed the PS Audio Perfectwave DAC into my Eddie Current ZDT upgraded with partial silver transformers, and pair that with my HD800, HE-6 and HE-500, LCD-2, LA7000 and maybe an HD600.

I can connect a second amp but I don't really want to tear down the WES and haul it there - It's just too big and complicated.  So I haven't decided if I'll bring my eXStatA with some stats, or Woo WEE, or maybe something smaller like the Sennheiser Baby Orpheus system.  I could maybe bring a Maxed WA6 or DACmini for those who want to hear something more affordable, we'll see.  I don't want to bring a Router and NAS for the PS Audio Bridge, because it also requires an iPhone, iPad or Touch to control the Bridge's music and I don't want mine disappearing (I worry about the private data on the NAS as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back