Start Making Your Plans For 2011 CanJam @ RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest)!
Jun 23, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #62 of 262
Can't wait for this! It'll be my first time attending any sort of meet

If you are able, you can warm up with a smaller meet here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/558315/colorado-meet-interest

I would highly suggest it since it will help you narrow your focus for the big meet since there is so much to look at it can be hard to get everything you want to see looked at.

Jun 25, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #64 of 262
I *MAY* bring my laptop and router to provide a squeezebox server. It's all Mp3 or Flac (some are 94/24 too), so it'll need a plugin or something for itunes to play it if people insist on using that. Foobar shouldn't have any issues, it's what I use. Alternatively you can just join the workgroup (It's Win 7) and it'll share files directly, I'll just set the files to read only. I'm not bringing a lot and if theres not much need I won't bring the Laptop. I can run the squeezebox from the Touch and a USB drive or SD Card.

Jun 26, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #65 of 262

Quote:
I *MAY* bring my laptop and router to provide a squeezebox server. It's all Mp3 or Flac (some are 94/24 too), so it'll need a plugin or something for itunes to play it if people insist on using that. Foobar shouldn't have any issues, it's what I use. Alternatively you can just join the workgroup (It's Win 7) and it'll share files directly, I'll just set the files to read only. I'm not bringing a lot and if theres not much need I won't bring the Laptop. I can run the squeezebox from the Touch and a USB drive or SD Card.

You should run a music server that my PS Audio Bridge can access.  
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 26, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #66 of 262
Can it not just access files on a windows share?

What server does it require... I'm not sure about running multiple servers (squeezeserver + DLNA) on a 5 year old laptop is a good idea.

Anyhow I'm still negotiating with the missus as to when (if) I'm coming.

Jun 26, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #67 of 262

Quote:
Can it not just access files on a windows share?

What server does it require... I'm not sure about running multiple servers (squeezeserver + DLNA) on a 5 year old laptop is a good idea.

Anyhow I'm still negotiating with the missus as to when (if) I'm coming.

The Bridge requires a DLNA or uPNP server.  I only have one license for Twonky Server and it resides on my iMac at home.  I'm afraid to bring my Lacie NAS because I have all my backups on there.

Jun 26, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #68 of 262

Quote:

The Bridge requires a DLNA or uPNP server.  I only have one license for Twonky Server and it resides on my iMac at home.  I'm afraid to bring my Lacie NAS because I have all my backups on there.

Why not just download eLyric music server and then your PWD with the bridge can pick it up.  It is a free but it still has a few growing pains they are working on.  

Jun 26, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #69 of 262

Quote:

Why not just download eLyric music server and then your PWD with the bridge can pick it up.  It is a free but it still has a few growing pains they are working on.  

I was an eLyric beta tester and could never get eLyric to actually serve the music.  I could try the latest version on the Macbook, but I'd still need a controller without using my easy to steal iPhone.  

Jun 27, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #70 of 262
Looking forward to RMAF and Canjam.  I just attended Axpona 2011 in NYC.  I am flying out to SF for the California Audio Show in a couple of weeks then off to RMAF CAN JAM in October.  Boy isn't life great.  Does anyone know the name of the famous resturant in or near Denver that offers exotic game? I saw a spot about it on the Food Network.  Thanks and looking forward to see everyone.

Jun 27, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #71 of 262
The Restaurant you refer to is  the Buckhorn Exchange :
http://buckhornexchange.com/

Haven't been there myself, so I cannot comment further on it.

Jun 27, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #72 of 262
Our "Comply Guy" Nate will be attending, but not exhibiting, all 3 days with a TON of Comply Foam Tips to give out.
We are starting to wish it were October already, despite a nice summer here in Minnesota.. he won't shut up about this show!
So if you're there, keep an eye out for him.

Jun 29, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #74 of 262
Is there anything like this in NYC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back