Start Making Your Plans For 2011 CanJam @ RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest)!
Jun 7, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #32 of 262
Registered myself in RMAF shall be there! But traveling from Iowa to Colorado is kind of pain. :frowning2:

Flying is actually cheaper, faster, and less hassle than driving. Will cost me just over $200 to fly from OKC to DEN and back to OKC. I'd spend at least $250-300 on gas driving there and back plus all the food, etc on the way (12 hour drive). Shuttle from the airport is about $30 round trip.

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #33 of 262
I've kind of used the Colorado meet to pass on / donate some of my older gear to give a little back and/or help a little with the costs of the meet in the last couple of years.
Is there some kind of swap/donation spot there for stuff we no longer want? Perhaps a have a table where people could pick stuff up for a small donation to a good cause? I wouldn't mind staffing it for a couple of hours or so if needed.

Just throwing it out there. Feel free to point out the myriad flaws in this idea.

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #36 of 262
I was at this event last year and had a great time.  I'm hoping to make it out there again.  Between the cans and speakers, you will never be bored.

Jun 8, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #38 of 262
I think I might go?  It is looking very promising?  I will make my decision soon. 

Jun 8, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #39 of 262

Quote:
I'd be interested if there were others from the UK going.

Cool. I am giving it some serious thought. I might fly into the east coast, Boston say, spend a couple of days there and then fly onto Denver. Given how much the flights cost, it would be a shame not to maximise the opportunity.

Jun 8, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #40 of 262
I got my registration ticket for the three days, I bought a couple of t shirts and I just booked my stay at the Denver Marriot Tech Center. All that is left is my JetBlue Flights; which I will do in a month or so.  I am also going to Axpona NYC in a couple of weeks.  Boy am I a busy audiophile. 

Jun 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #43 of 262
I've booked my hotel. I need to get airplane fix and show fix, but I am there!

Jun 8, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #44 of 262
i'm booked,hotel and airfare!
i had an amazing time at 2010 rmaf.
i look forward to really taking my time in all the individual rooms.
there was 1 room that had pimped out refurbished reel to reel rigs(many of them)
the reel to reels were anodized,painted and looked like a million bucks
very cool stuff

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #45 of 262
Just finalized my airfare on Jetblue; Red Eye Special non stop both ways: NYC to Denver.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back