Start Making Your Plans For 2011 CanJam @ RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest)!
Jun 3, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #16 of 262
OH GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SAVING UP FOR A TICKET NOW!!!! Just graduated today....well tomorrow BUT EVERYTHING WAS TAKEN CARE OF TODAY!!!

Jun 4, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #19 of 262
While I cannot attend, I hope that after all of this, the reviews will start streaming in.

Jun 5, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #20 of 262
Will also be there all 3 days. Looking forward to trying all the demo models of the custom IEMs and picking my main source of music for the next while. Been slumming it with RE-262 since selling off my HE-6 waiting for this.

Anyone interested in rooming for cheaper hotel prices? I'll be flying in the morning of the 14th and leaving after the show ends on the 16th. PM me.

Jun 5, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #21 of 262

Quote:
I hope to drop by again this year... in the absence of a Colorado  meet this year, it looks like we're getting the CO , National and RMAF all in one :)

I'll be at RMAF all 3 days.  Hope to see you there.

(On the topic of a Colorado meet, there's still a 50% chance of a Westone tour.  Doug L. at Westone got promoted into a different department (congrats), so organizing it with him fell through, but still a half a chance we can pull it off.)

Jun 5, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #22 of 262
hi,guys i am bery excited about this meeting,going to try to be there ,starting saving up from this month ,just wanted to know i am from france and to bring all my stuff coundn't be too difficult,hifi man hm 601,ibasso db1plus pb1 toucan, beyerdynamic dt 1350 + t50 p, leckerton uha6s iriver h140.cowon x7, what do you think about ? i know security could be very embarrasing sometimes

Jun 5, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #23 of 262
Flying is just a pain to do with gear. You could have it shipped to the hotel you are staying at to save hassle, but it'll cost. I'm only taking a short flight, but I'm leaving everything at home besides my phone and IEMs and a few CDs.

Jun 6, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #25 of 262

Quote:
I bet this would be an awesome event and head-fi meet. Very tempting - I couldn't resist looking up flight prices. Any other UK head-fi'ers thinking of going?

Is this event big enough to cause local hotel prices to rise significantly?

I've just been checking flight/hotel prices on Expedia. Then I think "That could get me a new DAC".

Jun 6, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #26 of 262
I've just been checking flight/hotel prices on Expedia. Then I think "That could get me a new DAC".

X2.

Though the show will have most every dac you could audition in your price range. Long term, it could save you in gear rolling costs.

Jun 6, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #28 of 262

Quote:
That's true. All that lovely tech, it's so bloody tempting. Well I've got a few months to decide.

Do it! You know it makes sense. Even though I know I won't have enough money left over to actually buy anything after forking out for flights and a hotel room I'm still seriously considering going. I reckon it'd be a cool experience. Plus I may have a couple extra days each side of the event for a wander around Denver. Apparently it's a city keen on it's micro breweries, which can only be a good thing!

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #29 of 262
Planning on flying down form Northern Canada. I won't be bringing much gear with me since its a pretty long trip and having to go through customs, but definitely looking forward to checking out all the gear and meeting new people again. Chicago CanJam was GREAT last year! 

Jun 7, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #30 of 262
Folks this year the vendors look to be pulling out all the stops. They are looking at taking up larger spaces with more gear than ever and are really steeping up there game.

Recent sign ons for the event

Woo Audio with their normal large booth to accommodate just about there ENTIRE amp line up. 

Moon Audio, last year Drew just about brought an entire audio store with him. 

Beyer Dynamics are taking a large set up this year to show off their line up. 

Ken Ball of ALO/32ohms is pulling out all the stops with a large format booth as well.

JH Audio will be rocking the house this year and will have the 3a to demo along with their full line up. The RMAF attendees are in for a treat when they hear the 3a it is a game changer.

Head-Direct, Fang will be there as in years past and he always has something new and exciting. 

TTVJ, Todd has confirmed that he will be with us for the first time at RMAF and plans to do a rather large display as well.

We are currently talking to another 30 plus vendors and we plan to have the LARGEST presentation of headphone audio gear ever assembled in one room! Look for many, many more vendor announcements.

We will also have a member space so please plan on bringing your gear if you are local or can ship it to the hotel. 

Rooms are reasonable if you book early check out the room links on audiofest.net for more details. 

here is the link for hotel rooms

https://audiofest.net/2011/accommodations.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back