SRH840 impression
Aug 3, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #466 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by dean0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ORDERED!!! from the impressions here they sound very promising indeed. Having owned the dt770pros for some time, I hope the shures deliver foward mids and less bloated bass than the beyers... but do they have the treble sparkle I do like, espesially for electronic music, anyway I will post many pics and comparrison when they arrive. Any views driving these with solid state vs tube amp?

Looking forward to your comparison with the DT770 Pro. I keep wondering if the 840s would be a nice upgrade to the DT770 Pro 80 ohm I already own.

Aug 3, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #468 of 2,135
So i got the Srh240 today and im very unhappy, they sound really bad.. my turbines and se115 are way better sounding.. and there is 0 bass on the srh240. ive sent them back within a minute. i did do an unboxing but nothing special to see. really ugly shure packaging. i can say that monster has really nice packaging designs.

Aug 3, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #469 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchneiderStudios /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So i got the Srh240 today and im very unhappy, they sound really bad.. my turbines and se115 are way better sounding.. and there is 0 bass on the srh240. ive sent them back within a minute. i did do an unboxing but nothing special to see. really ugly shure packaging. i can say that monster has really nice packaging designs.

My early speculation on the 240s was that they would have the lower end shure IEM sound and from what you're saying here it seems that you are describing the se210 type of no-bass sound... Which is not great. Sorry that you didn't like it... I guess you'll be returning these? It's too bad too because 240s seems like pretty much the only one that is suitable for portable use.

Aug 4, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #471 of 2,135
Quote:

You listened to them out of what exactly..?? I doubt the 440 will sound any better out of those 3 sources in your sig....

Aug 4, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #477 of 2,135
well, some cans turn from zero to hero meaning ibuds sound to $200 headphone sound with burn in so you might have just wasted time purchasing and returning something you havent even listened to yet. My hd555s were total rubbish when I bought them. I mean really bad and annoyingly bright and thin sounding then now they are smooth, rich, a little dark, and punchy.... Go Figure. Even though I dont own them anymore, I can still listen to them from time to time because they are only one house away in distance
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #478 of 2,135
Quote:

Nope, i know when i hear bad sound quality. its just rubbish.

Rookie move. If you're going to pay shipping and lose time, you might as well keep them for a week or two and try them out. Nothing in this league sounds their best out of the box.

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #479 of 2,135
i have the 440 on the way so i didnt care to keep these anyway.. and guitar center gave me free shipping and a free prepaid return label..
so i didnt loose a penny. and no they sound very bad and they are not comfortable imo

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #480 of 2,135
ok thats fine since you got the 440s anyway but if the 440s also sound bad, give them a week of daily use before judging. Trust me on this one... Ive had some cans that really sound bad out of the box... like I said about the hd555s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back