SRH840 impression
Jan 2, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #1,486 of 2,135
I try not to download anything underneath 320kbs

i think my ears are dumb though

im listening to a 160kbs and a 320kbs file of the same song, and can't hear the difference for the life of me. ;__;

I have two jacks in my cpu, one at the front, and one at the back, the one at the front seems to only power the left speaker (no matter what settings i use) and i'll try the back one now..

edit- yeah i thought about the amping problem, but still hesitant on blowing another couple hundred ;____; keep in mind my last pair of headphones before my superfis i only paid 25 bucks for.

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #1,487 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by RayofPain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I recently got my 840s from future shop, for about $95 + 10% + Tax = 120 bucks.

Ummm...I don't think you meant $95. Futurshop sells them for $250 and they were on after Christmas for $199. If you got them for $95 the you got a STEAL. Either that or your got the 440's not the 840.

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #1,488 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by marleyfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ummm...I don't think you meant $95. Futurshop sells them for $250 and they were on after Christmas for $199. If you got them for $95 the you got a STEAL. Either that or your got the 440's not the 840.

i work there, my discount is cost + 10%. I bought a pair for me, and a pair for my friend. Yes, a steal, hahahaha

i tried through the computer, and i'm actually much more satisfied than before, haha i'm going to stick with these for a little longer and see what happens. thanks!
dt880smile.png

Jan 2, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #1,490 of 2,135
Well.As good as the defined dynamics are from the SRH840s.They do not have that sub-bass,impact and extension that i need to feel in a full sized headphone.They are an analytical type of headphone for critical listening.They did start to gain some bass impact,but won't satisfy my need for prominent low end.They are great for those who like uncolored organic and more neutral sound.But i think the D2000s i just ordered will be more my type of headphone.

Jan 2, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #1,491 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well.As good as the defined dynamics are from the SRH840s.They do not have that sub-bass,impact and extension that i need to feel in a full sized headphone.They are an analytical type of headphone for critical listening.They did start to gain some bass impact,but won't satisfy my need for prominent low end.They are great for those who like uncolored organic and more neutral sound.But i think the D2000s i just ordered will be more my type of headphone.

Are you amping them?

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #1,492 of 2,135
Yes.

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #1,494 of 2,135
As there is no SRH840 under headphones, I'm not sure how up to date this is. xD

Quote:

Headphone Amp Inventory
PA2V2(FS),FIIO E3,E5

Everyone in this thread, go update NAO!

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #1,495 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by RayofPain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I recently got my 840s from future shop, for about $95 + 10% + Tax = 120 bucks.

I am trying really hard to like these, but they just don't sound like $200 headphones.

I am relatively new to high quality earphones, I have used some 20-40 dollar inears in the past, but nothing really expensive until i recently purchased my superfi 4s and these cans.

The superfi 4s i really like, the sensitivity is great, and i think the mids are really crisp to my ears.

These shures however, i honestly think sound mediocre. Reading these reviews, I think i'm doing something wrong. currently I play the shures through a 16gb zune, or plugged into my computer speakers. Both come out quieter than my ue's. The bass is clean, but have way too little presence for my tastes. The quality and build feels really good, but the sound just doesnt cut it.

I really want to like these, i've had about 10 hrs on these cans, so not "burning in" may be the issue. I honestly don't believe in burn in and think it's psychological. I have listened to my friend's 80hr+'s 840s and honestly can't hear a difference. I'm trying to, but I can't lie to myself.

What's going on? I'm thinking of returning them.

Onboard soundcards and the headphone out of speakers really suck
(I used to do so)
Mine sound extremely muddy and strange with the speaker's headphone out
And using the headphone with a MP3 player doesn't seem to be a good idea either
The highs sound rolled off with my iPod and the sound is too soft and blurred
You really need an amp to make it sound normal

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleyfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got them for about 125USD , no discount

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #1,496 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As there is no SRH840 under headphones, I'm not sure how up to date this is.

Yeah, I checked that profile info out too; like you, I wasn't sure how current it was.

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #1,497 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Onboard soundcards really suck

is plugging into the back of my computer using the onboard soundcard? sorry i'm technologically dumb. My soundcard was purchased seperately from my computer though, if that makes a difference...

i think i sounds great, so whatever lol

i'm just sort of debating between returning these, and keeping these until i can afford an amp (probably some time next christmas) durr

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #1,498 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I checked that profile info out too; like you, I wasn't sure how current it was.

Well not really sure how much amping those little fellas can do anyway.

Jan 2, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #1,499 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well not really sure how much amping those little fellas can do anyway.

Ditto again.
tongue.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #1,500 of 2,135
Don't know about you guys, but I do enjoy my SRH840 through my D10. Matter of fact I sold most of my phones cause I think I found it
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back