SR60-Mod
Apr 23, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #3,241 of 5,004
I took the felt off too.....I must have been severely impaired that night....LOL...The good news is the foam could come off....
I have a pair of SR60's here just waiting for the inspiration (lack of lazyness) to hit and I come up with a new idea (get up off my ass and do something) but until then I'm catching up on some gaming, have you guys played Portal 2 yet..fun game!!!

I'm diggin the screen ideas.....

Apr 23, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #3,245 of 5,004

Quote:
Well, youngster, back in the day, good customer support is supposed to be friendly and personal. Ah, what am I saying, I am 19 myself. :-D Anyway, I do think Grado has one of the worst customer support out there. Just do a search and read about all the unhappy head-fiers who dealt with Grado before.

I've had great Grado customer service as well. I was missing a peg on one side that helps attach the headband ring to the metal housing on a SR325. My SR325's were used and well out of their warranty period, I sent a picture of the missing piece along with a picture of my modded SR325 and SR80 units and they shipped me 2 full rings with 2 pegs on each, far more parts than I needed. All shipped to me within 3 business days, no questions asked. As far as customer service goes, they have been the benchmark of excellence for myself.
happy_face1.gif

I think I'm going to pickup some woodies and add a hole or two to the drivers(back part) of the SR325, any good places to get some woodies?

Apr 23, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #3,246 of 5,004
Great screens! I still haven't got my screens from Bill yet, my Grados are so naked at the moment with just the wood cups and dynamat on them.
frown.gif

Apr 23, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #3,249 of 5,004

Quote:
I've had great Grado customer service as well. I was missing a peg on one side that helps attach the headband ring to the metal housing on a SR325. My SR325's were used and well out of their warranty period, I sent a picture of the missing piece along with a picture of my modded SR325 and SR80 units and they shipped me 2 full rings with 2 pegs on each, far more parts than I needed. All shipped to me within 3 business days, no questions asked. As far as customer service goes, they have been the benchmark of excellence for myself.
happy_face1.gif

I think I'm going to pickup some woodies and add a hole or two to the drivers(back part) of the SR325, any good places to get some woodies?

I believe Bilavideo may still have some cocobolo shells for sale. They are really nice.

Quote:
just goto a store and buy something.

x2. Dollar store is your friend here, or walmart.

Quote:
How do you fasten the screen in there? I have yet to take my plastic screen off? is there a ledge? or do I need glue or something?

there is a lip around the outside of the shell, its easy to just cut your screen a little large, bend it and shove it in there. you could glue if you wanted to. But, you shouldn't have to.

Apr 23, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #3,251 of 5,004

Quote:
Haha good call. Didn't even think of that. I'm getting ready to add wood cups so your right....

Wood blocks! doooo it! I know Bilavideo was planning to use all his scraps to start doing something like that, along with wooden caps for the rods and wooden splitters for the cables. Go all out with it if you have the means!

Apr 23, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #3,252 of 5,004
My E7 has finally arrived! I'm liking it right now with my sr60i with bowls from what I've heard so far. Haven't done a whole lot of listening and comparing yet, and I probably won't have much time since I have finals this week and next, but I will try to get it done.

Apr 23, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #3,253 of 5,004

Quote:

Why replace the aluminum cups of the SR325 headphones with complete woodies?  Bilavideo is working on "liners" for the SR325 series of headphones that should provide the audio improvements of going over to wooden cups, yet retain that classic look of the aluminum cups on the SR325 Grados.

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #3,254 of 5,004

Quote:

Why replace the aluminum cups of the SR325 headphones with complete woodies?  Bilavideo is working on "liners" for the SR325 series of headphones that should provide the audio improvements of going over to wooden cups, yet retain that classic look of the aluminum cups on the SR325 Grados.

agreed. I'd keep aluminium maybe add some wood on the inside.

Apr 24, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #3,255 of 5,004
Chris,

You OK in St. Louis?  I saw where a horrible storm went through there last evening.  The airport is shut down indefinitely - as I understand it, due to all the damage.  As of this morning, they didn't confirm it had been a tornado, but from the sounds of it, it must have been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back