SR60-Mod
Apr 14, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #3,016 of 5,004

Quote:
Can anyone comment on the effect that the depth of the wooden can might have on the sonic performances of the drivers?  

As I mentioned, I'm going to attempt get some woodie goodness out of a set of iGrados and while I think that will mean salvaging the drivers and turning the setup into a headband-supported phone, I'm considering trying to make a set of "WoodiGrados".  Make a set of wooden cans and then design a headband-to-can attachment flange of some sort.

Awesome....something new!!!!  Go for it!!!!! of course I have no idea how to make it work but I'm up for seeing how they turn out. What do you have as a backup plan if those get fried???

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #3,017 of 5,004
Does anyone have any spare parts? Bad luck struck  and I tried to superglue everything together but it didn't work out
frown.gif

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #3,018 of 5,004

Quote:
Awesome....something new!!!!  Go for it!!!!! of course I have no idea how to make it work but I'm up for seeing how they turn out. What do you have as a backup plan if those get fried???

I really don't!  All I have right now is a set of iGrados that have a cable going bad.  After reading all of this thread, now I really want to build a set of BillaGrados.  If I can turn what I've got into a set of WoodiGrados - awesome!  If not, I'll end up getting a set of SR60s and start playing with those.  No harm, no foul!

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #3,019 of 5,004

Quote:
Does anyone have any spare parts? Bad luck struck  and I tried to superglue everything together but it didn't work out
frown.gif

I have an extra one, PM your address.  It's for 325, I'm assuming they are all the same.  Grado will also mail those to you for free, which is how I got mine.

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #3,020 of 5,004

Quote:
I have an extra one, PM your address.  It's for 325, I'm assuming they are all the same.  Grado will also mail those to you for free, which is how I got mine.

I didn't know they would send it for free. I will try to send them an email and I will let you know, thanks for the offer I really appreciate it.

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #3,021 of 5,004
Got this a week ago and so far I vented 4 holes, took off the white fabric off driver, and damp'd the magnet. I sanded off the "prestige series grado lab" off the front and painted them white. Also changed the mesh to aluminum or steel not sure.. I actually dig the new look better than stock but thats could be personal taste :)

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #3,022 of 5,004

Quote:
Got this a week ago and so far I vented 4 holes, took off the white fabric off driver, and damp'd the magnet. I sanded off the "prestige series grado lab" off the front and painted them white. Also changed the mesh to aluminum or steel not sure.. I actually dig the new look better than stock but thats could be personal taste :)

those look AWESOME!!!!!!  
what did you use to paint them?

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #3,024 of 5,004

You have to get them at a certain time i guess. I wanted a replacement for a rs1, they wanted me to send them to them. Its not hard to take off so i just asked if they could send it. No...
Quote:

I didn't know they would send it for free. I will try to send them an email and I will let you know, thanks for the offer I really appreciate it.

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #3,025 of 5,004
going to order some parts to recable my brothers sr80s i hope all goes well, wish me luck i only hope it goes half as well as some of the pictures i have seen on here. :)

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #3,027 of 5,004

Quote:
You have to get them at a certain time i guess. I wanted a replacement for a rs1, they wanted me to send them to them. Its not hard to take off so i just asked if they could send it. No...

Otherwise you'd be see a lot of metal cup holders around here on SR60s
wink.gif
. I understand why they wouldn't distribute those metal cup holders so freely like they do for the plastic ones.

Apr 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #3,028 of 5,004

Otherwise you'd be see a lot of metal cup holders around here on SR60s
wink.gif
. I understand why they wouldn't distribute those metal cup holders so freely like they do for the plastic ones.

I guess so. but just sending one to a person wouldn't do much good to someone that didn't really need one. A pair might raise a few flags.

Apr 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #3,029 of 5,004

Quote:

It probably also depends on who you reach, too.  In my case, they told me they wouldn't sell me any parts (e.g. replacement drivers), but would do all the necessary work that was required for $45.00 and they'd cover the shipping to get the headphones back to me.  I think other people have indicated they've charged a flat fee of $30 or so to get a pair of headphones re-cabled.  Either way you look at it, they're providing a service to keep their headphones going for a long time - regardless if they are past the warranty period, or not.  Plus, they're not charging you an arm and a leg for the service - just a basic service fee.  I guess that's what "quantity buying" gets you.  I'm sure they're not paying a whole lot for their drivers - even on the higher-end models.

Apr 14, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #3,030 of 5,004

Quote:
Try using JB Weld

I will try that, thanks. Hopefully it'll make the SR60's usable for now until grado replies back to me by email

Users who are viewing this thread

Back