SR60-Mod
Apr 5, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #2,821 of 5,004
I took a knife and a hammer to my SR60's today. Oh and a vice was involved too
evil_smiley.gif

Anyway Bill's video succesfully guided me through the process of partially liberating a Grado driver from it's plastic housing.

Operation Blackwood has commenced
biggrin.gif

This is exciting!  Good luck!

Apr 5, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #2,822 of 5,004
evil_smiley.gif

Anyway Bill's video succesfully guided me through the process of partially liberating a Grado driver from it's plastic housing.

biggrin.gif

Sadly Operation Popabolo is still grounded... Thanks USPS! :mad:

Any progress on that Bill? I still haven't heard anything from you on that shipment.

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #2,823 of 5,004

Quote:
evil_smiley.gif

biggrin.gif

Sadly Operation Popabolo is still grounded... Thanks USPS!
mad.gif

Any progress on that Bill? I still haven't heard anything from you on that shipment.

PM me.

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #2,827 of 5,004
Doctor told me feet up for  couple days....my ankles are sorta looking like footballs...LOL...and so I check back in just now and BOOM>..

Bill-Thats some serious shellin!!!  

I need screens for mine and Marks Bill if you haven't sent them yet, if you have sent them we'll chat...I don't want you loosing money sending screen around to me...

So, this thread will be jumpin jumpin!!!!!  Shells are infiltrating the country and the modders are soon to mount an offensive!!!!!!!**
 ..hear that...black helicopters are back....

***Bill..when I first read this thread I said "there is no way I'm screwing up my Grado's...LOL..now I got parts of some here, some there...hahahaha.....

***The really big earpads, the jumbos?? are they worth buying???
***How about the Grado Headphone Extension cords???

A buddy from another forum bought a MP301 MK2 and is having it sent to me (its a couple days out) initially to enjoy and break it in for him but he told me today if I wanted it he would sell it to me for what he bought it for....so I'll have a sweet new version of my amp to play with---gonna be a great weekend!!!  Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, CRYSIS 2, moddin, chillin...life is good, so I have to walk with a cane forever---I got Bilagrado's rockin this town!!!!!

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #2,830 of 5,004
do you know any upholstery stores in your locality? i think its much cheaper that way...

oh well, i reported here sometime ago that venting all ten holes in my grado was too much for me. i sometimes enjoy looking through it seeing light passes through the driver.
the thumping bass hurts my ears. my quarter modded earpads wasnt enough because the hole was too small, like exactly the size of a quarter. so i cut a bigger hole and the bass well it somewhat got tamer... the highs opened up to my delight. snare drums sound not just punchy but also had this crisp snap to it. i will be ordering bowl pads to see how much the sound improves.

next project, leather headbands!

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #2,831 of 5,004

Quote:
For making headbands, where's the best place to get leather?  Ebay or some retailer online?

I just bought a massive amount of high quality pleather and am in the middle of making my own headband, but I have way more than I know what to do with.

Open invitation to all: simply send me a SASE or paypal me shipping and I will send you enough pleather for 1-2 headbands for free.
You calculate the shipping from San Diego to you, pm me for more details.

Keep modding!

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #2,832 of 5,004
As far as the Grado extension cords go, I'm finding Grado accessories a bit hard to come by.  Sure, my local authorized dealers are a point of contact, but they're not too interested in helping a guy out to on such small purchases (or, so it seems).  I wanted to order a 1/4 to 1/8" Grado adapter - the one that's about 8" long and my guy told me to try going through Grado directly.  However, I see those adapters on eBay for about $12.90 (shipped price), so that's even less than my dealer would charge.  However, I did go to my local Guitar Center and found a pretty decent headphone extension cable that's sold under the "Live Wire" brand (which I believe is part of the Hosa brand / company).  The sell them in 10' lengths for about $7.00 and the 25' model for $11.00.  So far, it seems to be performing exactly as it should - a nice, tight connection and holding up well.

Quote:
***How about the Grado Headphone Extension cords???

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #2,833 of 5,004
yeah and you can even make DIY extension cables...

braiding wires is fun! IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back