SR60-Mod
Feb 18, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #1,471 of 5,004
Hey Bill,
You're definitely taking it to the next level. Well done! I have never worked with aluminum before but I'm so tempted to find somewhere where I can get stock like yours. Bigger gimbal, outer alum shell with inner wood perhaps would fulfill my dream of being able to enter that sacred ps category diy style.

Majestic, that is some awesome work. The stitching is superb.

Cheers guys, keep it up.

Feb 18, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #1,472 of 5,004

Hey Bill,
You're definitely taking it to the next level. Well done! I have never worked with aluminum before but I'm so tempted to find somewhere where I can get stock like yours. Bigger gimbal, outer alum shell with inner wood perhaps would fulfill my dream of being able to enter that sacred ps category diy style.

Majestic, that is some awesome work. The stitching is superb.

Cheers guys, keep it up.

Thanks, Al.  Here is the quick and dirty prototype I'm taking to work with me tomorrow.

Here are the shells from the side:

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #1,473 of 5,004
Majestic that band is excellent. I'm still debating if I want to order one or make one myself.

What exactly did you do? Just take two pieces of leather and stitch them over the existing Grado headband? And did you add any padding to it? And if not, does it feel fine without any padding?

I'm leaning towards making my own comfort band(I think this will be more rewarding than simply buying an already made one), and I think your way is the way to go. It looks great.

You guys seem absolutely addicted to modding(especially Bill). It's been a pleasure following this thread and watching what everyone is coming up with it.

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #1,474 of 5,004
Bill, love the way the rings look. Mind telling what size stock it is and where you ordered it from? I have a good aluminum source, so I am curious as to dimensions.

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #1,475 of 5,004
Wow Bill I've been drooling over the wood cups you've been turning out, and then you turn out these aluminum ones and I am about to go into shock. Would love to hear them!

And I am really liking that Majestic headband too.

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #1,476 of 5,004
...and these seem easier to liberate :)

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #1,477 of 5,004
Hey Bill,looks like you just reinvented the 325.I just knew you would get there in the end.He He.Seriously thou' keep up the good work!!
The amount of grado's in the world without a loincloth,grows day by day.all your mods have certainly improved the enjoyment of mine.by a long chalk..!!

Feb 18, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #1,481 of 5,004
I agree with digitaldissent that is a sweet!

So after seeing what Bill got I had to find something similar and after a friend suggested a local distributor I came up with these.  I know they are a little big but I was trying to see how far I could push the evelope. Thanks Bill!

Cheers,
Al

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #1,485 of 5,004

Quote:
This driver looks like my driver in to 3$ PC headphones
smile.gif

Impedance 32 ohm same

My driver

But Grado is biger

just fyi, 90% of dynamic drivers I've seen look the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back