SR60-Mod part II
Feb 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #3,016 of 3,353

Quote:
Does anybody still want wood cups for their grados? I was thinking baout opening a website that offers grado woods cups and recabling. I would be able to do any wood like purple heart or cocobolo. I dont want to get this thread shut down for advertising which is why Im making a website.

Do it! But only if you are willing to offer the cups at a reasonable price, there are plenty of high end guys out there already. 

Good luck with your venture!

Feb 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #3,018 of 3,353

Quote:
Do it! But only if you are willing to offer the cups at a reasonable price, there are plenty of high end guys out there already. 

Good luck with your venture!

That was actually my plan! Im not really in it for major profit I enjoy wood turning and they will look good in my portfolio so anyone who will be interested in a set shoot me a pm, i may think of giving out a free set of cups if they pay shipping

Feb 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #3,019 of 3,353

Quote:
That was actually my plan! Im not really in it for major profit I enjoy wood turning and they will look good in my portfolio so anyone who will be interested in a set shoot me a pm, i may think of giving out a free set of cups if they pay shipping

Have you got any photos of what you're out-turning?  Definitely interested in a full-woody (already have an Iroko).  Do you have your website set up yet?  TIA.

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #3,020 of 3,353

Quote:
I think this has its place in this thread :
I would add some pictures of how I processed to quarter-mod my comfies and to tack-mod the earphones of my SR80i's. They also are in my sig.

Quarter-mod
Tack-mod

Hate to burst anyone's bubble...but we discussed stickytack/blutac/dynamat mods awhile back and found them...arguable at best. The comfy mod is really a great start though :)

Kojaku

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #3,021 of 3,353

Quote:

Glad to see we think alike 
biggrin.gif
 Its nice to see someone with access to the milling equipment who is willing to turn these out for others who care about sound as much as they do without the steep mark up.

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #3,022 of 3,353

Quote:
Hate to burst anyone's bubble...but we discussed stickytack/blutac/dynamat mods awhile back and found them...arguable at best. The comfy mod is really a great start though :)

Kojaku

When I finally get around to repairing my wires over spring break i'll probably take mine off looks weird with that blue on it.lol My poor sr80is have been practically butchered at this point. 

Feb 25, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #3,026 of 3,353
I thought I could share the latest mod I did on my Grado-inspired Symphones Magnums. You could easily use it for your Grados, especially those which are somewhat bass light and maybe too edgy in the highs, like SR80s or SR325s etc. What I did was cover  my L-cushs with lambskin leather thus turning them into custom leather pads. The result was striking. Loads of bass, excellent bass extension. The overall sound signature is more laid back and darker though.

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #3,029 of 3,353
i got an ms1i coming in the mail. im trying to get as much bass as i can.

quarter mod or get ttvj flats? (the l-cush aren't good for bass i read?)
4 hole vent? (I read anymore than this it just loses all accuracy?)
take the cloth off? (not sure what this does tbh)

am i missing anything? i'm not sure about recabling them, maybe later into the future. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back