SR60-Mod part II
Aug 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #1,427 of 3,353
Aug 14, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #1,429 of 3,353
Aug 14, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #1,430 of 3,353
Hoping my cups come in tmrw :) and my BeB's most likely. 

Went to a basement show tonight.. It was actually pretty good. Entirely too loud, but there was some real talent there. Ska is making some real progress in STL. Our scene is growing.. I'd like to see a few bands hit it off from here. Lots of good DIY music floating around :) 

I think, I want to build a venue over here if I ever have the money.. an outdoor venue specifically for bands like this, the ones stuck playing in basements and recording in closets.. So much soul and passion in this music, they need somewhere to play besides basements. 

I'm glad I went, but my ears aren't.. Might have to look into some of those etymotic plugs that isolate but let noise through.. anyone got a pair of those? 

Aug 14, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #1,431 of 3,353

Quote:
Some pics of the reincanated SR60's:

Quote:
What you did there, I see it.

Kojaku

I thought that's how they say reincarnated in Boston.  You know ... like - reincaaaanated. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #1,432 of 3,353

Quote:

I thought that's how they say reincarnated in Boston.  You know ... like - reincaaaanated. 
biggrin.gif

Lolz. My all family is from Mass, and that is in fact how my folks say it.

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #1,433 of 3,353
Oh god, I did five years of school in Baston. Don't remind me of the horrible Southie accent. Its like the conductors on the light rail and MBTA speak a different language.

Aug 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #1,436 of 3,353
Everytime I listen to my meager SR60's, they bring a smile to my face. I spent two hours this morning modding my Fostexes (adding clay, opening up the drivers, damping with some felt) and feel that they just can't hold a candle to my Grados. I am listening to some Black Country Communion and until I add some bass to the Fostexes, they can't touch the Grados. I mean the Grados are no bass monsters, but they just sound so good with rock music. Something I can't get the Fostexes to do. The bass slam just isn't there.

I can't wait to get a proper DAC in my chain instead of just a Clip+......

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #1,438 of 3,353

Quote:
Everytime I listen to my meager SR60's, they bring a smile to my face. I spent two hours this morning modding my Fostexes (adding clay, opening up the drivers, damping with some felt) and feel that they just can't hold a candle to my Grados. I am listening to some Black Country Communion and until I add some bass to the Fostexes, they can't touch the Grados. I mean the Grados are no bass monsters, but they just sound so good with rock music. Something I can't get the Fostexes to do. The bass slam just isn't there.

I can't wait to get a proper DAC in my chain instead of just a Clip+......

OK Sharkz you just hit the trifecta by mentioning your SR60's, your T50's, and BCC  all in one paragraph. I just switched headphones and went through the first two songs on that BCC CD. The Great Divide is pumping through the T50's right now and there is plenty of bass in my pair. That's a pretty good record btw. I like Bonamassa's solo stuff much better though. Anyway what are you driving your T50's with...and is your vent open or closed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back