SR60-Mod part II
Sep 13, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #2,026 of 3,353
Jin,

I'm not spanish but we're neighbours :)

PM me if you want and I'll try speaking with him.

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #2,028 of 3,353
No problem Jin. I'm sure this will be easily cleared out. I'm fluent in portuñol :)

Sep 13, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #2,029 of 3,353
Jin,

I also believe that Cabillas' carpenter was going to take some time for Holiday.  I believe this was during the month of August, but he should be back by now.  Also, as late July was approaching, the stock levels were getting low for Cabillas.  Hopefully, you didn't fall into a groove between shipments.

Best of luck to you.

Sep 13, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #2,030 of 3,353
Issues clarified and solved with Cabillas. The world is safe again
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 13, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #2,032 of 3,353
Haha, maybe he just thought the second payment was a generous tip lol :)

Yeah I wish my Spanish was still half-decent, I spoke to him before and there def is a language barrier but he's as polite and as courteous as it gets.

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #2,033 of 3,353

Quote:
Haha, maybe he just thought the second payment was a generous tip lol :)

Yeah I wish my Spanish was still half-decent, I spoke to him before and there def is a language barrier but he's as polite and as courteous as it gets.

definitely polite and courteous i second that!

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #2,036 of 3,353
Hey i Just modded my SR60i's with Cabillas, Sapeli cups ... will post up pics tomorrow as the weather here is really rainy and i do not have the proper lighting for photographs ..... I sent it to Jaben and waited 1 month ... they just gave it back today saying that they won't do it because they are afraid of liberating the drivers (sent them the billavideo tutorial on youtube and it really scared them how he whacked the knife through) ... so wasted time .. I went back home pissed, decided not to be a big ***** and did the mod myself .... ill show you the tools i used tomorrow. Overall the mod on my SR60i was Cabillas cups and the two hole punch through the felt (whats that mod called again?) and replaced the headband. I do have a spare sr60i which sounded identical before i did the mod .. Both the spare and the modded SR60i have gone through at least 200 hours burn in time

Overall the sound changed, a lot .... so much that I'm a bit afraid ... well for starters the bass has kicked in for the better.. drum beats are more enhanced ... the highs are tamed and are less piercing, overall a nice improvement!! .. There seems to be more going on when i'm hearing it compared to the stock SR60i's which have a cleaner sound. However the mids are less in the modded SR60i .. so for that im a bit disappointed Is it because of the wood or did i punch too many holes? ... or is the screen which is causing more air flow that causes the mids to go away? will the mids come back if i burn in the modded SR60is for a couple of hundred hours? sorry for the load of questions ... thanks ... pics tomorrow if the weather is nice and sunny guys =)

cheers,

-jin-

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #2,037 of 3,353
Ah I see. Nice. 
normal_smile .gif

Quote:
I live at Selangor, Shah Alam to be precise .... =)

On topic:

I removed the cloth covering the under side of the drivers and poked one hole on each driver. 
Like I said in some of my previous posts, I didn't want to risk muddying up the sound by
poking the holes. But I did it anyway.

One hole on each side. 

My SR60 now sounds like it has a little more body, while still retaining it's magical electric guitar
presentation. To test if the harshness got smoothed out, I played the track Anna Sun. The intro is
as harsh as any intro can get, lol! It's a little less piercing now after the hole mod. I like it this way.

I suppose part of this improvement is also due to my E7. 

The Killers - This River Is Wild (Sam's Town) ✔
The Killers - My List (Sam's Town) ✔
The Killers - All These Thing's That I've Done (Hot Fuss) ✔
Blue October - Into The Ocean ✔

I wonder if a rougher inner surface (cup/chamber) would improve the sound.. Hmm .   

Btw, what do I do if hair, dirt or dust gets into the driver? 

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #2,038 of 3,353

Quote:
Ah I see. Nice. 
normal_smile%20.gif

On topic:

I removed the cloth covering the under side of the drivers and poked one hole on each driver. 
Like I said in some of my previous posts, I didn't want to risk muddying up the sound by
poking the holes. But I did it anyway.

One hole on each side. 

My SR60 now sounds like it has a little more body, while still retaining it's magical electric guitar
presentation. To test if the harshness got smoothed out, I played the track Anna Sun. The intro is
as harsh as any intro can get, lol! It's a little less piercing now after the hole mod. I like it this way.

I suppose part of this improvement is also due to my E7. 

The Killers - This River Is Wild (Sam's Town) ✔
The Killers - My List (Sam's Town) ✔
The Killers - All These Thing's That I've Done (Hot Fuss) ✔

I wonder if a rougher inner surface (cup/chamber) would improve the sound.. Hmm .   

Pray to God you can get it out fast haha
Seriously though, I've read on various places you just open the cups up and blow it out. Most of the time that works.

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #2,039 of 3,353

Quote:

I don't think making the inner surface rough will change the sound in any way.  There's a chance that hair and dust can get into the drivers with the cloth removed.  Initially, I had that modification performed to some initial Grados of mine, but no longer remove the cloth.  You'll have to periodically check to see that hair hasn't gotten into the cavity between the front protector and the driver.  If so, I think you'll quickly realize it from the rattling sound.  As far as dust goes, It will all basically depend on how you store your headphones when not in use.  You could slip them into an unsealed plastic bag when not in use to keep the dust from getting to them.

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #2,040 of 3,353

How do i get my mids back after doing cabillas's mod? does anyone have any quick fix solutions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back