SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Dec 4, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #452 of 1,133
  Just bought 2 pairs of medium sized Spinfit from a Jaben outlet for USD 12. It brought my Beyerdynamic XP 3 to live! 
One thing has been bugging me. Why can't the original manufacturer of earphones step up their game in the eartips department? Why do we have to look for third party audio upgrades? You would think that eartips would be a piece of cake to get right in the whole product.  

Individual ear anatomy is almost as varied as finger prints. Each manufacturer of iem's includes a starter assortment knowing full well that it will not cover all cases or even be the best possible fit for each customer. There are simply too many factors in ear shape and size. If someone ever designs an eartip that works and provides a solid comfortable seal for everyone they would have a gold mine. It has not happened yet which is why there are so many third party vendors for eartips. I do agree that the right tip for your individual ears is critical to hearing what the iem product really can do. I am afraid that properly fit customs is the only alternative.

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #453 of 1,133
  Individual ear anatomy is almost as varied as finger prints. Each manufacturer of iem's includes a starter assortment knowing full well that it will not cover all cases or even be the best possible fit for each customer. There are simply too many factors in ear shape and size. If someone ever designs an eartip that works and provides a solid comfortable seal for everyone they would have a gold mine. It has not happened yet which is why there are so many third party vendors for eartips. I do agree that the right tip for your individual ears is critical to hearing what the iem product really can do. I am afraid that properly fit customs is the only alternative.

alot of the times it would only be enthusiasts that would consider 3rd party eartips (seriously consider anyway).

most people would just grab 1 off of their other earphones or buy a cheapie ones online at best

its a difficult niche thats for sure

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #454 of 1,133
I just received a "special offer" from a company called Perfectfit, saying that they will sent me a Christmas discount voucher for their made-to-measure ear moulds, which I then get done at my local audiology centre. Their normal price is £110 per pair. I will see how much the special discount voucher is and if it is as I suspect 5%, I will not bother but if it is 25% off, a pair of custom ear moulds might seem attractive. I don't fancy pushing silicone gunk into my own ears and would much rather have an expert do it. 

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #455 of 1,133
Spin fit sounds like **** with Havi B3 Pro 1 
frown.gif

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #457 of 1,133
It is just a pity they have no interest in actually stocking the ones that fit Shure IEM's. 

Dec 6, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #461 of 1,133
You don't have to attach anything. Take the stem from a Shure, silicone tip, cut if off. Put it on the Shure Nozzle, it fits tightly and makes the Nozzle thicker so spinfit tips will fit tightly. Will send pics when I can if this is not clear.
oh okay, I get it

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #465 of 1,133
  Ah, damn you guys being able to pick them up for so cheap.. Probably gonna hop on the 4 for $25 after holiday shopping is over, as long as EE keeps the deal :wink:

What the guy told me is the medium comes without any packaging whereas the large and small have a proper package (I saw them hanging on the display). Hence the large and small ones cost about USD 16 for two pairs. 

For the medium he just pulled a big bag of eartips from under the counter and ask me to choose the colour. All I know is that it greatly improved both my in-ears. 

Yes this is from a Jaben outlet in Malaysia. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back