SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Nov 2, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #424 of 1,133
Got these for my Lear IEMs. They fit much better than the stock silicon tips, on which I just couldn't get a good seal. Isolation is okay but still not as much as foam.

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #425 of 1,133
Picked up a 4-pack from Empire Ears for $31 with 2-day shipping. (USPS took their sweet, late time.) XS, SM, Medium, Medium.

Sadly I forgot that my size changes dramatically when I don't wear earbuds after a while. XS and SM fit the best and Medium feels like a large, I'm going to have to give those to a friend.

They've very soft, stretch over earbuds easily, and are comfortable as they seal quickly. They make even my heavy KZ iem bearable.

As for sound, these aren't as good as other eartips. They're comfortable enough that I'll keep them though.

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #426 of 1,133
Picked up a 4-pack from Empire Ears for $31 with 2-day shipping. (USPS took their sweet, late time.) XS, SM, Medium, Medium.

Sadly I forgot that my size changes dramatically when I don't wear earbuds after a while. XS and SM fit the best and Medium feels like a large, I'm going to have to give those to a friend.

They've very soft, stretch over earbuds easily, and are comfortable as they seal quickly. They make even my heavy KZ iem bearable.

As for sound, these aren't as good as other eartips. They're comfortable enough that I'll keep them though.

yes i know what you mean! 

the inner silicone core is super stretchy! i was able to get a pair to stretch to fit my yamaha eph 100 and use the other pair on my vsd3s!

for those that have no idea (they have DRAMATICALLY different nozzle sizes) and whats nice is that the silicone "de-stretches back" at least in the short duration i swapped them (i never left it on too long before swapping out). now a pair has a permanent home with my yamaha eph 100s

sound wise, i prefer my sony hybrids more (its warmer but its much cheaper, with more sizes)

i still do wish that the spinfit would come in multiple sizings (i think it will give them a slight edge in terms of practicality compared to the jvc spiral dots (where i would see everyone asking "whats my size?" with the potential of  gambling and possibly getting 2 or more pairs of the "wrong size".

the same thing here as well if it weren't for some kind souls either measuring or taking comparison pictures.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #427 of 1,133
Unless you can actually try them ordering ear tips is something of a crap shoot. One companies large is another companies medium. All our ears are different so there is no real way to take the advice of another person about the way a particular tip will work for you. To make things worse, different tips work well for you on different iem's. Just because a tip works for you on one iem does not mean it will work on another. The only answer is to experiment yourself with your own ears and your own iem's. To make matters worse, they all sound different.

I own dozens of tips from different manufacturers and every one produces different results.

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #428 of 1,133
I wish they would sell them in a pack, S, M & L. And  at a reasonable price.

I bought a M and turns out it doesn't seal well for me, I should of gotten a large. But at $19 a piece I don't want to buy an other to try. Then for my Shure's I probably need a M or S in small bore. Their just to expensive to buy all sizes and find out witch works best.

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #429 of 1,133

I bought a M and turns out it doesn't seal well for me, I should of gotten a large. But at $19 a piece I don't want to buy an other to try. Then for my Shure's I probably need a M or S in small bore. Their just to expensive to buy all sizes and find out witch works best.

Yikes! We offer them for $10.00 a pair or $25.00 for 4-pairs =D

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #430 of 1,133

$25.00 is an amazing deal for SpinFit tips!  I remember when I first purchased SpinFit tips from Japan (took about a month to arrive) paying like $40 for 5 pairs. 
eek.gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #431 of 1,133

Wanna swap i have an unused large spinfit tip just sitting here? Would be interested to hear ur thoughts once u get a good seal

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #432 of 1,133

I can swap with you as well if you need it :)

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #433 of 1,133

I might trade with one of the gentleman above for a large to use with my large bore headphones. Unfortunately you don't seem to offer the small bore (CP800) on your site that I would need for my Shure headphones, or I'd consider buying a four pack.

Wanna swap i have an unused large spinfit tip just sitting here? Would be interested to hear ur thoughts once u get a good seal

I can swap with you as well if you need it :)

Thanks guys! Is either of you in NEED of a medium? I'd prefer to trade with who needs it most. Otherwise whoever is the closest.

I bought a used pair of Roxannes (universal modle) that only came with one tip. The included tip was too small to seal well and when the SpinFits arrived it was only slightly better. My right ear seems to be slightly bigger and it hard to get a seal in both ears. I dug out all the tips I had in my drawer and oddly enough the best fit came from the large tip from the cheap headphones that came with my Roku 3.

Nov 14, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #434 of 1,133

I might trade with one of the gentleman above for a large to use with my large bore headphones. Unfortunately you don't seem to offer the small bore (CP800) on your site that I would need for my Shure headphones, or I'd consider buying a four pack.

Thanks guys! Is either of you in NEED of a medium? I'd prefer to trade with who needs it most. Otherwise whoever is the closest.

I bought a used pair of Roxannes (universal modle) that only came with one tip. The included tip was too small to seal well and when the SpinFits arrived it was only slightly better. My right ear seems to be slightly bigger and it hard to get a seal in both ears. I dug out all the tips I had in my drawer and oddly enough the best fit came from the large tip from the cheap headphones that came with my Roku 3.

I don't need it. I live in Texas. Just offering as a way to help, so PM me if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back