Southern California CAN MEET 10.18.08 - It's ON! -
Sep 8, 2008 at 9:03 AM Post #92 of 210
I'm in...

Let me know if you need help with logistics... I can probably spare a bit of time.

Sorry it took me so long to catch this thread. I've been in Hawaii and my Grandmother didn't have internet access...

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #93 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would the hotel be fine with the fumes from soldering?

It would have to be a lot of soldering to even be noticeable.

But yeah, if anyone has one of those desktop Solder Fume Extractor thingy's, please bring one.

-Ed

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #96 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as far as i know, one is not in the works.

Hmmm that's no fun... we should set something up...

If it's a raffle, we need to figure out what the proceeds are going to.

Otherwise maybe we can do some kind of music exchange or something.

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #97 of 210
i know i am a big party pooper, but i am not too keen on organizing and working the raffle at this meet because i would like to reduce not only my pre-meet legwork, but meet time responsibilities. though if "we" do a raffle at this meet or another local meet, i'd prefer proceeds fund future So Cal meets since we don't have enough of them around here. remember, members of the trade are already covering a table fee so i don't feel comfortable asking them to donate something for a raffle too.

Sep 9, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #100 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i know i am a big party pooper, but i am not too keen on organizing and working the raffle at this meet because i would like to reduce not only my pre-meet legwork, but meet time responsibilities. though if "we" do a raffle at this meet or another local meet, i'd prefer proceeds fund future So Cal meets since we don't have enough of them around here. remember, members of the trade are already covering a table fee so i don't feel comfortable asking them to donate something for a raffle too.

I've been contacting Vendors. A few have expressed interest in donating something that may not be able to attend. We'll see what happens.

I'll be handling the logistics of shipping, receiving, and return shipping for demo units as well.

-Ed

Sep 9, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #101 of 210
BTW, for the DIY Table, I don't think it's feasible to finish an entire PIMETA in one day at the meet. Especially since I don't want to be the only one doing all the soldering. Unless others want to chip in with soldering and assembly, it can be a "cooking show" style session or maybe just a practice session where we trash a PIMETA board. i.e. Everyone gets a chance to solder stuff without regards to whether or not the stuff survives.

Any thoughts?

-Ed

Sep 10, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #104 of 210
That Luxman looks pretty nice, can't wait to hear it.

I can probably donate some Belden/Canare cable to the DIY table if people want to make some IC's. BYOB your own RCA's or XLR's and I'll supply the cable. It would be an easy, fairly fast, way for people to practice soldering and walk away with something usable. Let me know if there's interest.

John

Sep 10, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #105 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by santacore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Luxman looks pretty nice, can't wait to hear it.

I can probably donate some Belden/Canare cable to the DIY table if people want to make some IC's. BYOB your own RCA's or XLR's and I'll supply the cable. It would be an easy, fairly fast, way for people to practice soldering and walk away with something usable. Let me know if there's interest.

John

That would be great. Bring it!

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back