Southern California CAN MEET 10.18.08 - It's ON! -
Oct 17, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #196 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When is Ray getting in and are we still going out tomorrow night?

Hi Aaron...
Will land at 4:25 PM today, Friday. I am available to go where ever you guys decide to go, lunch, dinner, Girls watching, watching Girls or watching girls.
I will be staying at Renaissance Hotel, any one with no room, no money, needing a place to stay is welcome.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Oct 17, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #197 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Aaron...
Will land at 4:25 PM today, Friday. I am available to go where ever you guys decide to go, lunch, dinner, Girls watching, watching Girls or watching girls.
I will be staying at Renaissance Hotel, any one with no room, no money, needing a place to stay is welcome.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

I'll call you as soon as I'm getting out of work, I should have Peter and Ed with me, maybe Luis too.

Oct 17, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #198 of 210
Aaron, I'll probably join you guys tonight with Ray, but I'm still working through my 'To-Do' list. Will call you a bit later.

Does anyone who is going tomorrow have an extra pair of small UE eartips that they can sell me? I lost my last pair on a recent trip, and really need to use my Triple.fis for audition purposes at the meet.

Anyone?
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #199 of 210
I hope someone can bring a 1/4 to mini(1/8) adaptor.

Would love to hear some phones on my portable setup

Its a pretty nice portable(although damn expensive)setup,

5.5g Imod/w alo custom Jumbo Cryo Au/Ag(silver coated with gold) (about 200 Hours) The cable is a special order from alo audio, it has the regular blackgate caps in the actual dock.

iQube portable amp(about 200 hours also)

My UE-11s,
but i need a full size can. It sucks that i cant share the UE-11s.

Anyone want to listen if they have an iem or adaptor for a full size is welcome.

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #203 of 210
please read: boomana's common meet courtesies and proper etiquette thread before attending the meet.

also Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please remember:
1) No alcohol, smoking, or red beverages are allowed.
2) Please come with a clean head and ears.
wink.gif

3) Bring your own power strips, power conditioners, extension cords, etc.
4) Label your gear – a piece of masking tape (or painter's tape) with your name can prevent mixups. (leather and tape don't mix!)
5) BRING YOUR CAMERA AND TAKE PICS
6) Take notes and post your impressions.

if someone would please help out with google map directions to the LAX Hilton that would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 18, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #205 of 210
Thank you Edwood very helpful! I can't wait! I need to calm down...

Oct 18, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #206 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Aaron...
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

In honor of Ray's visit, his new amp , and this wonderful sounding event ..... I offer you something I found this summer, the SR-71 .
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]SR-71 #1[/size]

[size=xx-small]SR-71 #2[/size]

Bon Voyage everyone.

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:14 AM Post #207 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadneddz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope someone can bring a 1/4 to mini(1/8) adaptor.

Would love to hear some phones on my portable setup

Its a pretty nice portable(although damn expensive)setup,

5.5g Imod/w alo custom Jumbo Cryo Au/Ag(silver coated with gold) (about 200 Hours) The cable is a special order from alo audio, it has the regular blackgate caps in the actual dock.

iQube portable amp(about 200 hours also)

My UE-11s,
but i need a full size can. It sucks that i cant share the UE-11s.

Anyone want to listen if they have an iem or adaptor for a full size is welcome.

Look me up. I should have an extra 1/4 to 1/8 adapter with me.

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #208 of 210
I (pico/srm-1 pp C/stax signature/dt880) might not be able to make it because of work.
frown.gif
If somebody could be so kind to take a close up pic of the front and back of the Smyth box I'd really appreciate it!
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: Also, if somebody could find out what speakers they use for the Smyth demo, that'd be great too. Thanks.

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #210 of 210
CURSES!

well, I missed it - by the time I rolled past LAX it was about 5pm. and then I had to pick up two people there and show them around LA... what can I say, I had my iMod and LOD and Tomahawk and Pico (and my clean ears ready to be stopped up by something other than my trusty ER4P.S) all ready, but it wasn't to be... delay after delay, a perfect storm of obligations that I couldn't shirk: so, here I am, mad as hell... hope all who attended had a madly wonderful time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back