Southern California CAN MEET 10.18.08 - It's ON! -
Sep 10, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #107 of 210
I hope it's not too late, but if I can still attend, I'd love to go! If it's alright, send me a PM!

And I'd love to hear that SVS system. It's way out of my price range, but after having so much issue trying to get speakers set up right since I moved two years ago and never being satisfied...it might be worth
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #108 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Smyth Research is going to be a vendor attending.

There is a good chance they will be bringing their full SVS rig.

More info about the Smyth SVS system here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/sm...phones-323219/

-Ed

Good get, Ed! Hope they bring their full system.

Sep 11, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #109 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by santacore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Luxman looks pretty nice, can't wait to hear it.

I can probably donate some Belden/Canare cable to the DIY table if people want to make some IC's. BYOB your own RCA's or XLR's and I'll supply the cable. It would be an easy, fairly fast, way for people to practice soldering and walk away with something usable. Let me know if there's interest.

John

That is a great idea, I would love to try to make some ICs.
Now I'll have to find some RCAs.

Steve

Sep 11, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #110 of 210
Quote:

That is a great idea, I would love to try to make some ICs.
Now I'll have to find some RCAs.

Glad to see there is some interest. I'll bring a few different types of cable so that people can make single-ended or balanced. Try Radio Shack or Frys for connectors locally. Another option since it's weeks away is to mail-order some.

Sep 11, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #111 of 210
Are you guys OK with everyone just messing around with and possibly just destroying a PIMETA board for amp building practice, or do you all want to build a working amp during the meet? I'll be on hand to a few soldering demos, but won't be assembling the entire amp. I figured everyone could get a chance to solder different kinds of components. I'll just have to find some cheap SOIC-8 OP amps, don't want to sacrifice an OPA627. Anyone have cheap or better yet dead SOIC-8 OP amps to donate for soldering practice? If we only have a few, I can keep desoldering them, and then letting people resolder them.

As for making IC's, I can do a complete demo on the assembly of one. I think I might have a pair of Neutrik Pro-Fi RCA's lying around, otherwise I can make do with whatever anyone else brings in.

-Ed

Sep 11, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #112 of 210
Thanks to JP # & 909 for the personal invitaion. I will be honored attending this meet. Looking forward to seeing you all again.
I will be there Friday afternoon, & hopefully I will find some of you who will be interested in going out to dinner & watching California valley girl's.
I am open to suggestions.
Also will be staying at the the LAX Hotel, so if some one needs to share a room it will be fine with me.
Ray Samuels..

Sep 12, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #113 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to JP # & 909 for the personal invitaion. I will be honored attending this meet. Looking forward to seeing you all again.
I will be there Friday afternoon, & hopefully I will find some of you who will be interested in going out for dinner & California valley gilr's watching.
I am open for suggestions.
Also will be staying at the the LAX Hotel, so if some one needs to share a room it will be fine with me.
Ray Samuels..

Ray it will be great to see you again, bring your suntan lotion and sunglasses the beach and boardwalks are not too far away.

David has put together a solid line up so far
Eddie Current, RSA and Headamp with Singlepower as a strong maybe (RMAF is the same month and SP is a annual attendee).

Sep 13, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #115 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray it will be great to see you again, bring your suntan lotion and sunglasses the beach and boardwalks are not too far away.

David has put together a solid line up so far
Eddie Current, RSA and Headamp with Singlepower as a strong maybe (RMAF is the same month and SP is a annual attendee).

Don't forget about Smyth Research and their crazy home theater rig.
wink.gif

Still waiting to hear back from Ultimate Ears.

-Ed

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #116 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget about Smyth Research and their crazy home theater rig.
wink.gif

Still waiting to hear back from Ultimate Ears.

-Ed

Ed thanks for getting Smyth to attend as I did not get a chance at CanJam 08 to listen to there stuff and really regretted it.

Sep 13, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #118 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ed thanks for getting Smyth to attend as I did not get a chance at CanJam 08 to listen to there stuff and really regretted it.

No, really the Smyth stuff is not that good. I recommend that all of you stay away from it.

Guess who else couldn't get in at CanJam.
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #120 of 210
This meet will be great!!! I cant believe Ray is going to be there! Totally up for dinner with a legend
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back