Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture Audio - Ann Arbor, MI
Mar 13, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #241 of 259

Anyone else have something that looks like this? Not sure what to listen to tonight with everything packed!

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #242 of 259
I had the same worry... all my headphones will be packed!  Oh My... I might have to Read or, or, or Talk To My Family! 
eek.gif

Anyone having an Ethernet switch... it would be handy if you could bring it for streaming music.

Here is our setup at Overture Audio.  Thanks to Overture Audio for renting and setting up the tables!  More tables are in "Studio C," which is into the doorway shown behind the counter at the far end of the store.  Note the Grado PS1000e, GS1000e, and Abyss AB-1266 headphones that Overture Audio has!

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #243 of 259
I had the same worry... all my headphones will be packed!  Oh My... I might have to Read or, or, or Talk To My Family!  :eek:

[COLOR=FF0000]Anyone having an Ethernet switch... it would be handy if you could bring it for streaming music.[/COLOR]

Here is our setup at Overture Audio.  Thanks to Overture Audio for renting and setting up the tables!  More tables are in "Studio C," which is into the doorway shown behind the counter at the far end of the store.  Note the Grado PS1000e, GS1000e, and Abyss AB-1266 headphones that Overture Audio has!

I have an 8port gigabit switch I will bring. I will only have an Ethernet cable to hook up the switch to the router, so it is a BYOC.

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #246 of 259
Made it a lot easier for me to pack without having to bring a computer (thank you, DX50 :) )

I had some room, so I did pack the Meier Corda Rock. Also, if anyone is a Penon Audio fan, I put in the Donscorpio Dolphins. Mine have had the felt tape removal done, but you can give them a listen :)

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #248 of 259
Mar 13, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #251 of 259
Does anyone want to post some not-so-obvious do's and dont's? I know I can be OCD myself and I'm sure alot of us HiFi-ers are as well.

I would suggest stsarting with the opening post of the thread. We tried to cover those types of items there. Overall, though, this is a pretty laid-back group. As with most things, as long as we are respectful of one another and everyone's gear, the rest will take care of itself.

See you tomorrow!

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #252 of 259
Does anyone want to post some not-so-obvious do's and dont's? I know I can be OCD myself and I'm sure alot of us HiFi-ers are as well.

Here's the best list I have ever seen, posted by zabzaf at the start of this thread... I've updated a couple of things:

1.  Parking is right next to Overture Audio.  Overflow parking is in the adjacent lot, and around the corner to the left facing the store is a residential area with some street parking.

2.  Remember that Overture Audio will be open for business to the general public during our meet.  Wear your nametag, take any small items (IEMs, portable audio players, etc) with you if you leave sight of your table.  If someone hands you money, hand it back... you were just mistaken by a customer for an Overture Audio staff member.

3. Sign in when you enter.  That is the list that will be used for a drawing being held between 2.30 and 3:00 pm.

4. Please be careful and respect other members properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.

5. Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself – if this is your first meet be aware that the floor will be littered with cable.

6. No food or drink inside Overture Audio, please.  There are several restaurants within walking distance.  Overture Audio will have bottled water... please be careful with it!  PLEASE also wash your hands if they are dirty before touching anything.

7. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) (Will be refused entry). Strong aftershave or deodorants are also not good. Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax.

8. No need to panic or spoil the mood (it's unlikely I'll run off with your $10k amp) - but leaving keys, wallets or expensive IEMs unattended might not be a good idea.

9. You must wear the name tag at all times.

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #253 of 259
Want to throw it out there one last time before tomorrow; if anyone is interested in buying a set of airmotiv 6s (not stealth) speakers, I will bring them to the meet. They work fine, but have a few cosmetic issues on the bottom and 1 on the back of the speakers. They are also very very sad and lonely speakers just wasting away in the corner of my basement, unused. I'm looking to sell them for $280 altogether. I also kinda don't have both boxes anymore, hence wanting to hand them off in person... 

On a meet related note, I want to thank kayandjohn and zabzaf in advanced for putting this meet together! My only concern is that I hope we have enough power cords. I look forward to meeting you all and spending hours sharing stories about this hobby!

(and Yggy too)

Mar 14, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #255 of 259
Wishing you a great meet fellas!  Have fun!  
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back