Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture Audio - Ann Arbor, MI
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #211 of 259
I'm struggling with what do with regards to source as well. Thinking I'll keep it simple with just my Laptop/JRiver rather than dragging my dedicated battery-powered server (small, but headless so I'd need to bring monitor, etc. or setup up a LAN remote into it with my laptop).

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #214 of 259
Quote:

I brought my beast of a PC desktop last time, which while very large, worked very well. I am sure there is space for your PC if there was for mine (I have a corsair 540 case, which is twice as wide as most full size cases on the market). If you don't want to bring a PC and monitor, you can set your Ragnarok in my with my Schiit Stack (BiFrost and Valhalla 2) for a very different type of comparison. Anyone have a SYS they want to lend me? LOL.

-Tim

My monitor is a 40 inch tv, so it might be a bit cumbersome to haul in. I guess i'll pair my schiit with some of your schiit!

Mar 11, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #215 of 259
So is 2'x3' still the table space per person? Just checking as I try to thrift what I'm bring Saturday. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #216 of 259
1/2 table per person is 4' x 18". Same square footage, but wider and skinnier.

If you have multiple rack-sized amps or a whole bunch of stuff, we have about 3 full-table spots to allow giving a full table to 3 persons.

Also, anything you can put vertically (stacking) or on the floor (e.g tall multilayer headphone holder) would help as well. 

Thanks!

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #217 of 259
Example of using holder for tray table and folding luggage rack to hold multiple headphones vertically:

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #218 of 259
rechecking the list, I ended up cancelling on the HP200s. I thought, "Why I am buying headphones right before going to a meet? I'm bound to find something else I want" :D

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #219 of 259
rechecking the list, I ended up cancelling on the HP200s. I thought, "Why I am buying headphones right before going to a meet? I'm bound to find something else I want" :D

Makes sense to me... my main purpose in going to my first headphone meet, ChiUniFi last June (where I met Claritas, who is coming to ours!), was to hear the Sennheiser HD 800 before commiting major funds to buy it. Heard, liked, bought. But would never have been possible without the meet.

The headphone meet is one of the best ways to get a listen to a wide variety of headphones.

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #220 of 259
My monitor is a 40 inch tv, so it might be a bit cumbersome to haul in. I guess i'll pair my schiit with some of your schiit!

That would be fantastic... I am sure there would be a college hoops game on or two that we could watch. I will be sure to bring my small UPS to connect everything too, just to make sure the power is not an issue. See you there.

-Tim

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #221 of 259
Gear I'll be bringing:

1. Schiit Audio Yggdrasil (with Schiit Audio Wyrd)
  2. Pono
    1. Cardas Clear HD 800 cable (for Pono)
    2. Cardas Clear Audeze LCD cable (for Pono)
  3. Sennheiser MOMENTUM Wireless
  4. Astell & Kern AK240
  5. FiiO X3
  6. AKG K553 Pro
  7. OPPO PM-3
  8. OPPO PM-1
  9. OPPO HA-2
  10. Meridian Explorer2
  11. Philips Fidelio M2L (Lightning headphone)
  12. Philips A5 Pro (with two different kinds of earpads)
  13. JH Audio / Astell&Kern Layla universal-fit
  14. JH Audio / Astell&Kern Angie universal-fit
  15. Astell&Kern/beyerdynamic AKT5p
  16. Aurender FLOW

Gear I might be bringing:

1. Chord Electronics Hugo TT
  2. Audeze EL-8 Open
  3. Audeze EL-8 Closed

I almost wasn't able to make it (long story), but I'm looking good for the event now. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple of days!

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #223 of 259
  Gear I'll be bringing:

2. Pono
  4. Astell & Kern AK240
  5. FiiO X3
  6. AKG K553 Pro
  7. OPPO PM-3
  8. OPPO PM-1
  9. OPPO HA-2
  10. Meridian Explorer2
  16. Aurender FLOW

2. Audeze EL-8 Open
  3. Audeze EL-8 Closed

I almost wasn't able to make it (long story), but I'm looking good for the event now. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple of days!

That's great news! Trust me, I know what it's like to experience the "long story". I'm beyond stoked to get a listen to Yggdrasil and the new Audeze offerings. This is really starting to look like it's going to be a fantastic meet! Great people and great gear. Saturday can't come fast enough...

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #224 of 259
  Gear I'll be bringing:

2. Pono
  4. Astell & Kern AK240
  5. FiiO X3
  6. AKG K553 Pro
  7. OPPO PM-3
  8. OPPO PM-1
  9. OPPO HA-2
  10. Meridian Explorer2
  16. Aurender FLOW

2. Audeze EL-8 Open
  3. Audeze EL-8 Closed

Wait, whaaaatt??? YGGY in the house? Should we start blocking time on her dance card right now?

EDIT: And I just realized, how poetic to get our first taste of Yggdrasil "The Tree of Life" in Ann Arbor 
rolleyes.gif

Perhaps a visit to Arbor Brewing is in order after the meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back