Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture Audio - Ann Arbor, MI
Mar 12, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #226 of 259

I'll volunteer up my Ragnarok to pair with it if people are interested. I've been waiting to test out the two together. 

My Ragnarok has no source. It wants a source. I've heard Yggy is a source. Aaand this meet just became super awesomer.
atsmile.gif

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #230 of 259
Got my Sennheisers in the car to head to Overture Audio....

And true Audio File that I am, I ONLY listen to vinyl, even in my car:

...and the other headphones in the trunk
regular_smile .gif

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #238 of 259
There's going to be one helluva impressions thread from this one!

I believe the Yggy has dual XLR balanced outputs (not 100% sure though), so that will make for easy A/Bing between amps (say the Ragnarok and Moon Neo 430HA) or between headphones (there will be two Ragnaroks as well so that the upstream components can all be the same). I'd be interested in comparing the Abyss to my LCD-X as I've never done an A/B between the two.

Mar 13, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #239 of 259
I believe the Yggy has dual XLR balanced outputs (not 100% sure though), so that will make for easy A/Bing between amps (say the Ragnarok and Moon Neo 430HA) or between headphones (there will be two Ragnaroks as well so that the upstream components can all be the same). I'd be interested in comparing the Abyss to my LCD-X as I've never done an A/B between the two.

I believe it has 1 set of xlr outputs and 2 sets of rca outs, but you might still be right. Seems there isn't much of anything lost using rca either, besides having to turn up the volume a bit more. Also, 3 Ragnaroks should be present. I'm eager to hear the Rag against a tube amp when paired with the Yggy myself.

Mar 13, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #240 of 259
I just updated all of our attendance list (39 people now... don't tell Overture Audio, as I promised fewer than 30... don't all come at once!) and the associated equipment list. As always, that list is the third post on Page 1 of this thread.

Our biggest bottleneck is number of tables for those showing things. We obtained 3 more than planned, but now there is a floor space limit at Overture Audio that keeps us from getting more.

Remember that Overture Audio will be conducting regular business as well as hosting our meet.  Folks not of our group will be wandering around.  Hence, we should all wear our nametags.  And if someone hands you money, hand it back... it is likely because they mistook you for an Overture Audio staff member!!

Also, because of the mixed attendance, please keep an eye on tiny things like IEMs and DAPs, and stick them in your pocket if you leave for lunch or whatever.  Overture Audio keeps their small components under glass... you should mind yours as well.

I am heading down to Overture Audio now for preparations.  May have some updates later when I return.

Thanks. all! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back