Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread
Jan 31, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #196 of 283
Honestly for how good of a value these both are, I wouldn't even bother selling either of them.

Jan 31, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #197 of 283
I should be getting my Tenores tomorrow.  I want to compare them to the S-018 after burn-in.  I continue to be impressed at how good the S-018 sound (and with a nice fit) at the $13 price level.  My only frustration is the cord gets super twisty in the storage case.

Jan 31, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #198 of 283
My new. The hype is real. :basshead:

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Guys, run.:k701smile:

[COLOR=111111]This seller has only 765 of these available. To see if more are available from another seller, go to the [/COLOR][COLOR=0066C0]product detail page[/COLOR][COLOR=111111].[/COLOR]

Yes...very real indeed !!!

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #199 of 283
Ran into problems with shipito so I can't get them with any cheap economy shipping rates which leads me to use Taobao which is more expensive. Just a question, for 40 AUD (30USD), do you guys think the build quality is good enough to last for a good amount of time? 

Edit: I did read Voicemaster's short review saying they're good for the gym. 

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #200 of 283
Ran into problems with shipito so I can't get them with any cheap economy shipping rates which leads me to use Taobao which is more expensive. Just a question, for 40 AUD (30USD), do you guys think the build quality is good enough to last for a good amount of time? 

No, for 6 more dollars you can buy the TTPODS t1e

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #201 of 283

The sound on these are epic. Unless you know you can get these again at even a lower price then what you're getting them, I wouldn't suggest using these for the gym. You can get these for an ultimate "natural" listening experience out of wooden housings, but get something like HS-V9, SM-E30, S-MH415, M-X6, or M-X3 for a bass enhanced music experience for the gym.

.....I'm really enjoying my HS-V9 as I type my personal opinion.
happy_face1.gif

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #202 of 283

The sound on these are epic. Unless you know you can get these again at even a lower price then what you're getting them, I wouldn't suggest using these for the gym. You can get these for an ultimate "natural" listening experience out of wooden housings, but get something like HS-V9, SM-E30, S-MH415, M-X6, or M-X3 for a bass enhanced music experience for the gym.

.....I'm really enjoying my HS-V9 as I type my personal opinion.
happy_face1.gif

Wow! I'm not kidding you.....as I hear the HS-V9 that came in today, they sound extremely close to the S-018. But, I will need more time with them on the burner to really determine their potential.

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #203 of 283
My friend said this out of the box.  Do these need burn in?

I have brought these home and compared them with my jbuds.
These are amazing. I'm using the same type of tips, so that's not a factor. It's hard to tell them apart.
For starters, soulsound is half the price. But they're not as immersive as my jlabs. Not as small. With less comfort being larger.
Being less immersive, its sounds are flatter, distant, bass is a little (very slightly) harder to hear, but they're both nice and clear.
Compared to Pistons, these were a clear winner. They're clearer, handle bass better, and are cheaper. But compared to my jbuds, well, I would like to keep mine.

Feb 2, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #204 of 283
My friend said this out of the box.  Do these need burn in?

[COLOR=500050]I have brought these home and compared them with my jbuds.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=500050]These are amazing. I'm using the same type of tips, so that's not a factor. It's hard to tell them apart.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=500050]For starters, soulsound is half the price. But they're not as immersive as my jlabs. Not as small. With less comfort being larger.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=500050]Being less immersive, its sounds are flatter, distant, bass is a little (very slightly) harder to hear, but they're both nice and clear.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=500050]Compared to Pistons, these were a clear winner. They're clearer, handle bass better, and are cheaper. But compared to my jbuds, well, I would like to keep mine.[/COLOR]

Yes...burn those little gems in....they are titanium drivers....atleast 80 hours...and best at after 200

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #206 of 283

Wow! I'm not kidding you.....as I hear the HS-V9 that came in today, they sound extremely close to the S-018. But, I will need more time with them on the burner to really determine their potential.

I have never heard of the HS-V9 O.O Care to provide a link? I don't really want to use these for the gym, was just asking about the build quality and quoted Voicemaster saying they would be okay at the gym, so I guess the build quality is pretty good. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #207 of 283
I drilled my vents all the way through. :/ Was I supposed to do it half way or something? I'm using the double flange tips for now to hold me off till I get some Comply tips. Not going to lie I'm constantly jumping back and forth between my new Pistons and my S-018. Pistons for the bass and S-018 for clarity and smoothness. I rarely pick up my Monster Turbines anymore.

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #208 of 283
  I have never heard of the HS-V9 O.O Care to provide a link? I don't really want to use these for the gym, was just asking about the build quality and quoted Voicemaster saying they would be okay at the gym, so I guess the build quality is pretty good. 

They're the Holy Serpent V9.....I just happen to abreviate it, sorry.
wink.gif

Here are some links.....
1. http://taiwan.tmall.com/item/38736693329.htm?toSite=main&id=38736693329&toSite=main&id=38736693329&spm=a230r.1.14.1.xtJx9O&abbucket=9

2. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Holy-serpent-v9-ear-earphones-mobile-phone-xiangzao-bass-sports-ear-general-type/931733_32234817965.html

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #210 of 283
I drilled my vents all the way through. :/ Was I supposed to do it half way or something? I'm using the double flange tips for now to hold me off till I get some Comply tips. Not going to lie I'm constantly jumping back and forth between my new Pistons and my S-018. Pistons for the bass and S-018 for clarity and smoothness. I rarely pick up my Monster Turbines anymore.

As long as you didnt thrill the hole all the way through the top, you are all good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back