Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread
Feb 5, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #213 of 283
I got S-018 in the mail today. Damn, they are so good for the price and the hype is real. :wink: I'm burning in them now. How many hours should I burn them in?

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #214 of 283
I got S-018 in the mail today. Damn, they are so good for the price and the hype is real.
wink.gif
I'm burning in them now. How many hours should I burn them in?

Welcome to the True Hype.

As for burn in, I say just use them, use them a lot.  They are amazing off the bat and as your ears adjust to their sound it will get better and better over time.

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #216 of 283
25 hours for some changes.....50 hours = shining gems.....
biggrin.gif

I'm lucky that I have two pairs to test. The first pair which is being burned in for about 5 hours definitely sound fuller, more detailed and dynamic compared to the unburned one. Soundstage is also bigger with far better seperation. So I can easily confirm that burn in is doing a lot to these gems. 

Will wait till it hits 100 hours mark before a proper judgement. So my advice is don't judge them straight out of the box. Give them some time to become a beast just like me. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #217 of 283

I guess this time no one can claim that burn in is mental.
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #219 of 283
My god!! 

I just received the Soundsoul earphones that I put as an add on in one of my regular orders from Amazon. 

This is magic. Honestly - I have quite a lot of headphones and earphones but for the $12.99 I paid this is not normal....

I mean, I just bought ear pads for three times the price. I really really can't believe how good they are. That one can spend $12.99 and have such beautiful sound quality is absolutely amazing; we live truly in amazing times.

Man, I am really gushing here but from my AK100 with Gloveaudio A1, they really are so nice. Can't believe it and that is fresh out of the box, no burn-in, nothing....and the soundstage is lively, open and refined. How on earth did they do that for the money? I think I have to order a few more as backup and declare my quest for then ultimate budget earphone achieved.

The pen has no meaning, it was just lying around there.....

Cheers,
K

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #220 of 283
Had to order a again a pair of s18,  my first order got lost!

angry_face.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #221 of 283
  My god!! 

I just received the Soundsoul earphones that I put as an add on in one of my regular orders from Amazon. 

This is magic. Honestly - I have quite a lot of headphones and earphones but for the $12.99 I paid this is not normal....

Cheers,
K

Welcome to the Club!  Glad to hear you are enjoying yours so much!

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #222 of 283
  My god!! 

I mean, I just bought ear pads for three times the price. I really really can't believe how good they are. That one can spend $12.99 and have such beautiful sound quality is absolutely amazing; we live truly in amazing times.

Man, I am really gushing here but from my AK100 with Gloveaudio A1, they really are so nice. Can't believe it and that is fresh out of the box, no burn-in, nothing....and the soundstage is lively, open and refined. How on earth did they do that for the money? I think I have to order a few more as backup and declare my quest for then ultimate budget earphone achieved.

Cheers,
K

Truly amazing for whatever they are. Burn them in and you'll love them even more. Enjoy! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #223 of 283
  My god!! 

Cheers,
K

Don't worry.....the pen just adds to the excitement and experience you shared with us.
Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #224 of 283
Wow! I found a design fault on Soundsoul S-018 while I was checking the cables on both sides today and found the way to fix it. I noticed that the cable has some space around the strain relief at the end of both earpieces. To fix it, I wrapped some electric tape around the cable. After this quick mod the isolation has increased dramatically and the soundstage became bigger. More details coming out from S-018. Wow, what a change! 
eek.gif

Do it now! You won't believe how much you are missing from these gems.   

Before:

After: 

Do it and share your impressions please!

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #225 of 283
Uhm ozkan. Thank you, I believe this brings out more extensions, and decays, hence the soundstage improves. Together with my vents mod....oh my ghash....

I reconfirm the vents mod does bring out more bass extensions and subass as i was taping the wires...i also tried taping my vents with a small opening too! So yes...reconfirmed

Also the cord at the wood houses are also a little loose too...may be I used it too much ? Idk, I will try to fix it up too and give it a good seal all throughout and see :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back