Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread
Jan 27, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #182 of 283

Any tips on how to do the vent mod in particular? Don't really want to end up somehow ruining them.

It is not so hard. Using wood thrilling bit 1/16", and you can slowly thrill it at the vent. Just thrill enough so the vent can be opened up as a whole at the vent only....not all the way through up top...... If you are in doubt, you can always use even smaller tools to slowly open it up, and see if that satisfy your need of bass.

I did it slowly from tools to tools, and found that 1/16" is the best fit, as the mid-high details only is a bit veiled, the bass extend out more. That was why I stopped at 1/16" as I believe it had reached the diminishing return of the vent space. That mean any larger than 1/16 will ruin it.

****Disclaimer**** everyone hear things differently, I sacrifice my pair as I think I could afford to replace it, and if it gave me better sound quality, of which it did to my ears. Open then vents this way will permanently open (damaged) it, and there will be no turning back or reversal. Please only do this when you are not satisfied, and want to make it better in away of which could permanently damage your phones. If you are satisfied with it quality, there is no point to permanently damage your earphones.

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #184 of 283
I find the best mod I did to these was trimming the back of the Comply Tips.

This brings the tip of the S-018 closer to the opening on the T-500.  Bring out even clearer mids and helping with the fit as well.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #185 of 283
For fun, I put in 999 quantity on Amazon and it said the seller only has 780 units available 
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #187 of 283
Mine should arrive friday... shipping to my country is slower.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #192 of 283
I'm really enjoying these now once I got some decent tips (comply t-500). Although I like the sound of the Ttpod T1e that I have, these have a much better fit and are much more comfortable

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #193 of 283
I'm really enjoying these now once I got some decent tips (comply t-500). Although I like the sound of the Ttpod T1e that I have, these have a much better fit and are much more comfortable

I totally agree with your opinions.  T-500 tips enhanced the bass and the treble+midrange were already solid.  I've been about 50/50 on S-018 and T1E.  I wore the T1E today and love how great everything sounded.  But had the S-018 in the previous 2 days.  S-018 is an easier fit although T1E with the blue and gray tips has a good fit. 

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #194 of 283
  I totally agree with your opinions.  T-500 tips enhanced the bass and the treble+midrange were already solid.  I've been about 50/50 on S-018 and T1E.  I wore the T1E today and love how great everything sounded.  But had the S-018 in the previous 2 days.  S-018 is an easier fit although T1E with the blue and gray tips has a good fit. 

I have some gray Monster tips that fit perfectly for me on the T1Es. I'm definitely going to keep both the S-018 and the T1E. I think that the T1Es are a little bit better in terms of sound, but they are both great for their respective prices and punch way above their range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back