Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread
Jun 14, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #271 of 283
  Yeah I know about forwarding services but it won't cost $12 total but at least triple that in total so it isn't worth it for these earphones. 
If I can't get them at about $10 I won't bother.

Sure, it won't but the shipping doesn't cost too much. I paid $20 for 4 pairs. Maybe between $5-10 for each. That's the only way to get them unfortunately.

Jun 14, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #272 of 283
Sure, it won't but the shipping doesn't cost too much. I paid $20 for 4 pairs. Maybe between $5-10 for each. That's the only way to get them unfortunately.

I'm lucky to have purchased mine for cheap. That said, I would pay up to $50 for a pair, because I truly believe they sound that good.

They are currently still my favorite iem I have tried.

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #274 of 283
They are the IEM version of Kogan/Ritmix dap I think. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #275 of 283
It's strange that even after all this time it still isn't being sold more widely. 

I'm very confused by this as well. I honestly don't think they know how good their product sounds.

I've spoken back and forth with Jason at SoundSOUL many times. Seems he is more interested in the US Amazon sales more than anything else at this point.

I know a bunch of us have also pleaded for a higher end version of the S-018, maybe with detachable cables and some foam tips. But no response from him about that. Again I think he only if concerned about his Amazon seller ratings. :frowning2:

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #276 of 283
I've been using these for the last 4-5 months. I had gone through 2 pairs of Soundmagic E10, and while I loved them, they both started having a weird popping sound when inserting the tips into my ear that would happen anytime I moved my head or clicked my jaw. I gave up on them and picked these up on the cheap just to have some headphones while I looked for what I wanted to get next in a week or so.

5 months later and I'm still using them. I never looked for another pair of IEM's. And It wasn't even a conscious decision. They sounded pretty good so I used them for a couple weeks until I could find time to research a better pair. Things got busy and I never got a chance to research another pair and just continued using these. It wasn't until tonight when I was doing my weekly Friday night, drinking beer, listening to music routine that I realized, oh yeah, I need to look for some headphones.

That's pretty much the most rave review any headphones can get. I was using these for almost half a year and was apparently fine with it. I never listened to these and went WOW these sound incredible, if my ears could speak they would thank me and say I have enriched them both, but I used them for 5 months and never remembered I was at one time looking for another pair -- the fact they didn't break or fall apart is amazing on it's own, but the fact that these subconsciously satisfied me to the point that I forgot I was looking for something more high-end means they are probably the best budget IEM I have ever had.

I now remember I want to get a pair of high-end IEM's, but it's not because after 5 months these budget IEM's are bad -- it's because for 5 months I totally forgot I was looking for something better, because what I had was just fine and dandy -- but now I want to try something, not better, but just different, because I'm so used to these. 

Chances are I'll probably come back to these when my new high-end pair breaks and I'll spend another 5 months with the same pair until I remember I wanted to try something new. Then repeat. 

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #277 of 283
Wow! I found a design fault on Soundsoul S-018 while I was checking the cables on both sides today and found the way to fix it. I noticed that the cable has some space around the strain relief at the end of both earpieces. To fix it, I wrapped some electric tape around the cable. After this quick mod the isolation has increased dramatically and the soundstage became bigger. More details coming out from S-018. Wow, what a change! 
eek.gif

Do it now! You won't believe how much you are missing from these gems.   

Before:

After: 

Do it and share your impressions please!

Thks bro, after doing the Vent hole mod, sealing the cable entry, the bass increase significally.

What i did was reverse the earphones with the the cables facing up, i drip small amount of Superglue from the cable down, slowly but surely the Superglue fills up all the space where the cable exiting from the Black rubber from the earphones.

After 15mins when Superglue dries up and hardened, it forms a seal where there were gaps previously.

Now the highs are not so sharp and mids and bass sounds beautiful.

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #278 of 283
Purchased couple pairs a few weeks ago off Amazon for $5.99, sounds great especially for the price. Hated the cable so I installed mmcx connectors, sounds the same but got rid of that terrible cable. Using a Tennmak cable.

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #279 of 283
Purchased couple pairs a few weeks ago off Amazon for $5.99, sounds great especially for the price. Hated the cable so I installed mmcx connectors, sounds the same but got rid of that terrible cable. Using a Tennmak cable. 

Yes, the cable is AWFUL and everyone wished they were MMCX.  

Wow, no joke, they are back down to $5.99 on Amazon:  www.amazon.com/dp/B009GISUL8/

That is a steal for these great little wood earphones.  Gosh, back when the hype started, we bumped up the price to over double that.

--

Dec 23, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #281 of 283
Yes, one side was easier than the other guessing less glue. Once opened, used a meter to determine the wiring, guess I got it right it. Once that was done, cut and pulled the wiring through, removed the strain relief, enlarged the hole to fit the connector. Put it back together with the wires hanging out the enlarged hole, soldered on the connector, pushed it in, and then used opoxy to hold it in place and fill any gaps around the connector. Fairly easy.

Here are the connectors I used: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/molex-llc/0734150963/WM3786CT-ND/2421674

Jan 2, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #283 of 283
Been using these for almost 2 months now (purchased after finding this thread). Great quality for the price though the cord leaves a bit to be desired.
Bought them to replace my 8323s that snapped on me after less than a year, sound quality is significantly better.

Just ended up trying the tape fix today (didn't really want to mess with them at first) and the bass that felt weak before is significantly improved.
Now at the current $5.99 on Amazon, I bought 4 more, to last me a good long time.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back