SoundMAGIC Vento Speculation/Discussion Thread
Nov 16, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #46 of 70
I've got small-ish ears, so maybe I'll get these to work as over-ears :wink:  
on-ear headphones don't bother me too much as long as the clamping force doesn't go overboard. As long as the backs of my ears aren't pressed against my head and the pads are soft and breath a little bit (and aren't that cheap synthetic vinyl stuff) I can jam an on ear headphones.

But ya, I'm hoping my ears are small enough to fit inside the cups of the Vento

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #48 of 70
  One of the press release picture actually makes it look like it'll work as over-ear phones :xf_eek: http://www.techpowerup.com/img/15-11-16/175d.jpg

You'll need tiny ears for the P55 to fit entirely over your ears. They are comfortable enough to wear for 2 hours at a time because they're so light , the clamping gets noticeable beyond that. 

Nov 24, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #51 of 70
Nov 24, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #52 of 70
Nov 26, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #53 of 70
"harsh and tiring mids" is something I'm trying wrap my mind around.

Harsh and tiring treble would make sense as that is something often experienced, but I wonder what midrange defects would cause it to be harsh and tiring. Distortion? A spike in the upper midrange that gets shouty?

If someone would clarify please let me know.

I was told that the next wave of review samples would be delayed. I assume it's to fix whatever has gone jank in the original release tuning.

I am confident that Soundmagic will fix these and prevent any issues with tuning. If one thing has been consistent, it's Soundmagics ability to make great sounding earphones at a great price.

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #57 of 70
Has anyone heard any update on if they actually retuned the headphone or have plans for other models in the lineup? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back