SoundMAGIC Vento Speculation/Discussion Thread
Nov 13, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #33 of 70

Seconded. I really like my HP100. I know it wasn't specifically made to be portable, but I use it as my portable headphone.. Major thing it is missing are cups that rotate to sit flat, like the Vento has now. 

The Vento P55 is actually half-way between the two. For those with smaller ears, it will sit over them. For larger ears, it will function as an on-ear.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #34 of 70
I must say, though, that these look extremely premium. Like, Oppo PM-3 little brother premium.

Sadly, my kinda-big ears don't like on-ears :frowning2:

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #36 of 70
I think this is a great move for Soundmagic.

The HP150 100/150 is an epic headphone. If Soundmagic can produce something with that level of sound quality in a metal and more portable design these are going to be a big hit.

Yes! Agree!!!

I think this is just the beginning of a lineup refresh. Pure speculation, of course, but I think it makes sense.

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #39 of 70
Not really convinced just yet. I've heard some nice mids and treble from SM products lately that it seems odd to have dropped the ball here esp. after some nice build up. We'll see if it is a pattern or not. Second review does differ :)

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #41 of 70
The only way to be truly convinced is to listen with your own ears. I don't mind treble, I've used HD800s for 3 and a half years and heard none of this treble fatigue others have mentioned. My review is my opinion , and as you can tell, it's an honest one because it'll win me no favours. But it is what it is , the truth as I heard it. I wouldn't want to read anything different myself if I was interested in something

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #42 of 70
  The only way to be truly convinced is to listen with your own ears. I don't mind treble, I've used HD800s for 3 and a half years and heard none of this treble fatigue others have mentioned. My review is my opinion , and as you can tell, it's an honest one because it'll win me no favours. But it is what it is , the truth as I heard it. I wouldn't want to read anything different myself if I was interested in something

Of course you're titled to your own thoughts on any product you get a chance to listen to!

What you said just doesn't gel with my experience with the SoundMAGIC headphones I own. Of course, this is a different product with newly developed drivers. So who knows, I might come to the same conclusion as you...

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #43 of 70

The Vento P55 is actually half-way between the two. For those with smaller ears, it will sit over them. For larger ears, it will function as an on-ear.

I have larger ears so they would be on ear for me, which gets very uncomfortable for me. Any chance a larger version will be released down the road? I'd definitely be interested in one to replace my HP100.

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #44 of 70

I have larger ears so they would be on ear for me, which gets very uncomfortable for me. Any chance a larger version will be released down the road? I'd definitely be interested in one to replace my HP100.

Same thing :frowning2:

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #45 of 70
I've got small-ish ears, so maybe I'll get these to work as over-ears
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back