SoundMAGIC release E50S and E80S In-Ear Reference Series
Jul 15, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #61 of 227
Has anyone been able to find a Canadian distributor yet. Mica won't ship to Canada and can't seem to find them else where. Any insight?

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #62 of 227
  I don't like using items that are red in color. Red stands out too much. Black tends to blend in to the surroundings. Ever wonder why black is by far the most popular color for shoes? In general the color red tends to increase stress, as it is also the color of blood. 

I agree. Striking red cable is not pleasing to my eyes. I'd rather choose the one with black cables. 

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #63 of 227
OK, so my E80s just arrived. 

Nice simple packaging, nothing I haven't seen with their E10 package before.

Plugged them straight into my HTC One M8 and into my ears - using the fitted tips.

These are smaller earpieces than the E10, so they fit more snugly for me - perfectly in fact.

Press play.

WOW.

WOW!!

WOW!!!!!

etc.

These are SERIOUS upgrades over the E10 - as well they should be at twice the price, I suppose, but regardless, the E80 are a triumph.  I've hardly begun listening and I can say that what strikes me immediately is just how wonderfully balanced and transparent they are, from top to bottom.  One of those 'sit back and relax' type experiences with music where you just revel in the detail and beauty.

Last week I got the new Flare Audio R2A IEMs via their Kickstarter campaign. Cost me £79, which is less than half RRP.  While I liked their sound, they were too sensitive to drive directly from my phone and the build quality and tiny size irked me - so I sold them.

I won't be doing that with these E80s, let me tell you that.  At £65 here in UK, they are killers.  I even like the red and black colour scheme! ;-p

Jul 16, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #64 of 227
  OK, so my E80s just arrived. 

Nice simple packaging, nothing I haven't seen with their E10 package before.

Plugged them straight into my HTC One M8 and into my ears - using the fitted tips.

These are smaller earpieces than the E10, so they fit more snugly for me - perfectly in fact.

Press play.

WOW.

WOW!!

WOW!!!!!

etc.

These are SERIOUS upgrades over the E10 - as well they should be at twice the price, I suppose, but regardless, the E80 are a triumph.  I've hardly begun listening and I can say that what strikes me immediately is just how wonderfully balanced and transparent they are, from top to bottom.  One of those 'sit back and relax' type experiences with music where you just revel in the detail and beauty.

Last week I got the new Flare Audio R2A IEMs via their Kickstarter campaign. Cost me £79, which is less than half RRP.  While I liked their sound, they were too sensitive to drive directly from my phone and the build quality and tiny size irked me - so I sold them.

I won't be doing that with these E80s, let me tell you that.  At £65 here in UK, they are killers.  I even like the red and black colour scheme! ;-p

Do you listen to pop and EDM?  Curious what you think for those genres.

Jul 16, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #68 of 227
I know why this thread isn't getting more activity.  It's under "Sponsor Announcements and Deals".  We need a thread in the Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors section.

Jul 16, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #69 of 227
  I know why this thread isn't getting more activity.  It's under "Sponsor Announcements and Deals".  We need a thread in the Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors section.

There's the review I posted. Could be made the thread if you want. i can add links to the review section and other members impressions.

Jul 16, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #71 of 227
Is there such thing as too transparent?
wink.gif

there is. the E80. 
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #75 of 227
Don't need tip changes to lessen the transparency. Just use a warm amp. I use the Fiio E11k, which is a warmish side amp, and it beefs up the spacing, dropping the transparency slightly, upping the bass thickness, without affecting the timbre, clarity, detail, or extension of the highs. I prefer using the amp with the E80 vs without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back