SoundMAGIC release E50S and E80S In-Ear Reference Series
Jul 19, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #91 of 227
I'm disappointed that the E80 only comes with a mic and a remote. Why didn't Soundmagic follow the theme it had for its other models, and release the E80 without the mike and remote, and have an E80S model with the mic and remote? I'm now wondering if the E80 will work properly in mp3 players and other devices that do not use a mike or remote? If not, I guess there might be an adapter available? If it were up to me, and I wouldn't want to have two models, one with the mike and one without it, I would have put the mike and remote on a short cable with a standard mini headphone jack at the end, so it would be usable with or without the mic.I hope Soundmagic will do this for future models if they don't want to have two models, one with the mic and one without it.

There are two models , my E80's does not have a microphone .

I've got many IEM's with mic and they all work with all my players so I wouldn't worry to much about that .

Jul 19, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #93 of 227
So I guess there is an E80S with the mic, and E80 without it? When will the E80 without the mic in black be widely available in the US? I would also like to get an ES20 in black, if I can get the newer version with better build quality. I am hoping Soundmagic will change the box for the newer better build quality ES20, if they haven't done so already. That way, I can be assured that I am getting the newer version.

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #94 of 227
  So I guess there is an E80S with the mic, and E80 without it? When will the E80 without the mic in black be widely available in the US? I would also like to get an ES20 in black, if I can get the newer version with better build quality. I am hoping Soundmagic will change the box for the newer better build quality ES20, if they haven't done so already. That way, I can be assured that I am getting the newer version.

Is the E80s available in black?

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #96 of 227
I'm disappointed that the E80 only comes with a mic and a remote. Why didn't Soundmagic follow the theme it had for its other models, and release the E80 without the mike and remote, and have an E80S model with the mic and remote?

The E80 that I received does not have a mic/remote. I'm in the US, and I got it from Micca, but it looks like they're out of stock.

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #99 of 227
Hello all,

To clarify, all three E series models (E10, E50, E80) are available with or without a mic, an inline remote and a Smart Switch. Models with these features are denoted by the S suffix.

The E80 and E80S will be available in Gunmetal, Red and Copper. Currently, the only readily available model is the E80 in Red. The rest will follow very shortly.

I hope that clears everything up!

Jul 20, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #100 of 227
  Hello all,

To clarify, all three E series models (E10, E50, E80) are available with or without a mic, an inline remote and a Smart Switch. Models with these features are denoted by the S suffix.

The E80 and E80S will be available in Gunmetal, Red and Copper. Currently, the only readily model is the E80 in Red. The rest will follow very shortly.

I hope that clears everything up!

Thanks!!

Jul 20, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #101 of 227
Today, on a whim, I thought I'd try the large size,  large bore tips that were supplied with the E80.

Bingo. Doesn't need to be shoved right into the canal, just seals nicelty near the entrance,  And sonically, they really open up the soundstage and tighten the tonality.  

Think I'll run with these. Am a happy chappy.

Jul 25, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #103 of 227
I'm beginning to believe the JVC spiral dots are one of the most horrible tips on the market? I replaced the spiral dots with the white T1e tips, and the sound elevated to a whole new level on the E80. Whole new level.

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #104 of 227
I'm beginning to believe the JVC spiral dots are one of the most horrible tips on the market? I replaced the spiral dots with the white T1e tips, and the sound elevated to a whole new level on the E80. Whole new level.
I think the spiral dots serve one purpose, to be used on bright, cold or bass light phones to maximize warmth, bass and decrease treble extension. I like the spiral dots with the Havi B3 Pro 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back