SoundMAGIC PL30 impressions
Dec 16, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #316 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I found a bit annoying was the fact that it has no dots on the buds to indicate which one is left and which is right. I can forgive them though because they use color indicators but that doesn't help when I'm putting them on before bed and the lights are off. Oh well, my Westone UM1 doesn't have them either.

That's really strange, IME they don't even fit wrong sided due to their unsymmetrical design
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #317 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's really strange, IME they don't even fit wrong sided due to their unsymmetrical design
confused_face(1).gif

Lol exactly what I was thinking. I just put them on by touch.

Feb 9, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #318 of 327
Hi guys!
I currently have a soundmagic PL30...
I'm thinking about getting either a PL20 or PL21.
From what I read people are saying that the PL21 is better and more fun sounding
than my PL30's. There hasn't been a lot of talk about the PL20's
but they seem to have worse audio quality, but have better build quality and design.
What do you guys think?

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #319 of 327
I just received these. I've paid 12 € for them (had to wait a little while, but got 20% of and a nice price with the dollar / euro...) just to be the backup for my CX300 II. The accessories are amazing! Really, for just that 12 euro... How is it possible?!
I will review them when I receive my Beta Brainwavz too, but the first time I've plugged em in with the foam tips, I was like... Wow, that's some great sound quality! I've only been using them for 2 hours now, but they do sound good. They might be better then my CX's but I don't know yet. Maybe they'll be my main iem's now
smily_headphones1.gif

Like david432111, I'm also checking the PL20 and PL21, since the reviews here tell they might be better. Well I'll just try the PL30 first for like 100 Hours, I'll check the other ones later. Right now, I'm very happy with the PL30.

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #320 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received these. I've paid 12 € for them (had to wait a little while, but got 20% of and a nice price with the dollar / euro...) just to be the backup for my CX300 II. The accessories are amazing! Really, for just that 12 euro... How is it possible?!
I will review them when I receive my Beta Brainwavz too, but the first time I've plugged em in with the foam tips, I was like... Wow, that's some great sound quality! I've only been using them for 2 hours now, but they do sound good. They might be better then my CX's but I don't know yet. Maybe they'll be my main iem's now
smily_headphones1.gif

Like david432111, I'm also checking the PL20 and PL21, since the reviews here tell they might be better. Well I'll just try the PL30 first for like 100 Hours, I'll check the other ones later. Right now, I'm very happy with the PL30.

Thanks for the reply.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm glad you like your PL30.
biggrin.gif

I would appreciate if you could maybe take a quick look at them, as I'm ordering either the PL20 or PL21 today.(Chinese lunar new year starts on the 12th)

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #321 of 327
I can not say anything for the Sound Quality. These things got to burn in for a couple of hours before I can say something about that. Quality wise they look fine, solid build, but I ain't got too many IEM. Personally I would check ljokerl's topic or the topic by ClieOS. Both test topics really helped me out (a lot!).

Feb 9, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #322 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by david432111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys!
I currently have a soundmagic PL30...
I'm thinking about getting either a PL20 or PL21.
From what I read people are saying that the PL21 is better and more fun sounding
than my PL30's. There hasn't been a lot of talk about the PL20's
but they seem to have worse audio quality, but have better build quality and design.
What do you guys think?

PL20 and PL21 are very different animals to my ears. Which one depends the way how you like your music. PL20 is more thin sounding than PL30. To me the bass were is almost non exiting with the stock tips. For the rest of the sound they sound closest to PL30 of the two. Opposite PL21 going more on the bassy side but yes they can be a more sounding experience. They just won't really offer the same clarity. Something that I missing on them. I would pick the PL20 instead for that matter but PL21 having better build. My PL20 only last a few months before the cable died.

Jul 3, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #324 of 327

The PL-30's from Focalprice are FAKE.

Sorry for the bold heading. But I ordered them from there. They are utter crap. Totally uncomfortable, and sound like total crap. Do not waste your time / money waiting 1.5 months for shipment to your doorstep with high-hopes. You will be dissappointed. 

P.S. Yes, I hate these focalprice headphones so much I registered an account only to warn people against buying them from focalprice. This thread was first on Google search, so I hope it at least prevents another person in the world from being utterly dissappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back