Oct 15, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #226 of 523
Just placed my order
smily_headphones1.gif

Can't wait to try these babies out. I hope I get them by Christmas
frown.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #227 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my shipping confirmation on the 8th. Judging by the looks of the rest of the thread, we've got quite a while to wait.

Hm, well maybe expecting them this week is wishful thinking, but I expect them no later than next Friday.

Oct 15, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #228 of 523
Just recieved my shipping confirmation today (i placed an order over the weekend on 10/11). Said to be here within 2 weeks, I'm excited. I've been listening to my Ipod 5.5G with Shure EC2s connected directly, and I'm definitely need for an IEM upgrade

Oct 15, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #230 of 523
i got mine in 12 days to AUS, so far so good.
excellent for 20bux to use when i dont want to take more expensive stuff around.
packaging comes with plenty of decent quality tips which is a plus.

Oct 15, 2008 at 9:33 AM Post #231 of 523
I love this forum. I would have spent a lot more cash on phones that probably does not even come close to the pl-30`s if I did not ask for advice from you guys.

Cant wait for mine to arrive!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 9:33 AM Post #232 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by limathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got mine in 12 days to AUS, so far so good.
excellent for 20bux to use when i dont want to take more expensive stuff around.
packaging comes with plenty of decent quality tips which is a plus.

12 days... not bad. I'm still waiting(day 11) and distance to Singapore and Austrailia isn't that far off. Hope it comes tomorrow. Prob just wishful thinking but I'm still really exited.
etysmile.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #234 of 523
Right, I've been testing these with my iRiver H332 + Corda XXS rig and 2nd gen touch using a variety of music (320kbps MP3 or FLAC).

Comparing to my SF5pros, I feel like I'm listening to an "unfinished" UE SF5pro. The bass is nice and strong in the default position, even rivaling my Sf5pro, but its a bit too muddy and unclear for my liking in the 2nd position. I can also see what people mean about the knobs being fragile, and the driver units are so damn small its hard to get them out after use.

The problem for me with the Pl30 is that, compared to the SF5pro, ER6 and other IEMs I've listened to, the treble and mids sound very recessed and weak in order to emphasis the bass, and I find this imbalance uncomfortable. This isn't so much a problem with bass heavy rock music or hip-hop, but is a notable issue with the jazz/blues music I listen to. Some might like it, but I prefer my SF5pro because they strike the right sort of balance for me, but then again they do cost magnitudes more......

So, quick summary: These are damn good for $20USD shipped, and are very good entry level IEMs that can punch above their weight. However, you'd probably want to keep your expensive IEMs around.

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:57 AM Post #236 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right, I've been testing these with my iRiver H332 + Corda XXS rig and 2nd gen touch using a variety of music (320kbps MP3 or FLAC).

So, quick summary: These are damn good for $20USD shipped, and are very good entry level IEMs that can punch above their weight. However, you'd probably want to keep your expensive IEMs around.

glad to see you got them after much buildup hardly a surprise that they don't measure up to 200.00 iem's. thanks for the review. i'd be interested in impressions after a week if you have the time. thanks

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #238 of 523
Got an email on Sept. 27 saying mine had shipped. Nothing so far. Sent a response to the "shipping" email and no re-response. After reading NSX's mini-review, no doubt I wasted $20. If I don't hear back within 2-3 days, I am gonna try and recoup my money via Paypal. Stupid purchase on my part. What was I thinking? If I want cheap phones that sound pretty good, I already have the modded Ksc75s and the EX082s that came with my Sony DAP. Live and learn. In this case, the hype was only $19.82, so no major loss.

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #239 of 523
I think it's a little suspicious that some people are so overly enthusiastic about PL30. That's exactly what I would do if I would like to market a headphone - pay off some guys to act enthusiastic on head-fi and say stuff like "OMG it's comparable to $200 headphones!". (Maybe I'm making a BIG mistake now and no one will take me seriously in the future?
wink_face.gif
)

I've seen that tactic in Sweden where people have written such reviews about cheap earphones that although OK are not as great as claimed, and then when I did a little checking it was revealed that the reviewer also sold the earphones...

I'm not trying to insinuate anything here more than my paranoia - I did my usual checking and if this is a stunt, it's so well done they deserve my $20. Let's hope this is real and that the PL30 are as great as e.g. the FiiO. If not, at least I get a nice case, some sleeves etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back