Soundmagic pl-30 20.00 shipped
Oct 14, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #211 of 523
They all came with the hard round zipped case, the other bag is just a soft material basic pouch with string tie at top, thats what came with the ebay ones anyway. Maybe that was added as a replacement for the missing tips?

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #212 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruits /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They all came with the hard round zipped case, the other bag is just a soft material basic pouch with string tie at top, thats what came with the ebay ones anyway. Maybe that was added as a replacement for the missing tips?

So is it in your opinion that the ones from focalprice are original?

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #213 of 523
I cant prove if the ones from ebay seller are originals, so same goes for FocalPrice ones, but i believe they are as they all sound amazing
L3000.gif
and seem to be identical,Im happy with them both and getting them this cheap off FocalPrice is even better lol
L3000.gif

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #215 of 523
Well I finally got some clarification from FocalPrice on my shipping situation. I got an email on October 5th saying my order has shipped. I assume the other two items I ordered were shipped, but the PL30 was not.

I found out today they have been out of the PL30 recently, and things have been slow because of the national holiday that was going on. Anyway, my PL30's are shipping out soon with a tracking number, so I'll be able to track their progress over here.

Oct 14, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #216 of 523
Well, that's the Head-fi effect for you! They never expected the PL-30's to explode in popularity! :p

Anyway, still waiting on mine..9 days now...will wait 5 more days until the 14 days estimated shipping expires then email them again if not shipped by then.

Oct 14, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #217 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by gradesm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's great news. Thanks for the clarification. I guess to me focal price is worth the wait. Still awaiting for my 5 pairs...

5 pairs!? Why!?

Oct 14, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #218 of 523
Got 2 pairs. the other 3 are for my friends.

I'm not getting spares to mod in case you were wondering. LOL. I'm comfortable modding headphones but IEMS are a totally different matter.

If anyone wants to try some mods, i'm sure most of us would appreciate it. Always had pretty good results from my trial and errors with headphones. The most amazing change for me so far was the Audio Technica SJ3. Sent my K501 for repair, in the mean time played ard with the SJ3 and till now they are still amongst my most used cans.

Oct 14, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #219 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruits /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They finally arrived today after ordering on the 27th September (listening now)

I ordered on the 26th, so hopefully mine arrive soon. I can't believe shipping to the UK is faster than Aus......

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #222 of 523
I got mine today. The little velvet bag wasn't in the packing, but anyway.

Off the bat, they sound quiet good, with very strong bass. The treble's a bit harsh compared to SF5pro, but I'll report back after burning in.

Oct 15, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #225 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine today.

Off the bat, they sound quiet good, with very strong bass. The treble's a bit harsh compared to SF5pro, but I'll report back after burning in.

Mine should be here within the next week or so since I'm in the U.S. I really look foward to your impressions of the pl-30 compared to the sf5p. And if possible your impression of both with the fiio amp. I'm considering downgrading from my sf5p and porta corda mkIII if the pl-30 and fiio combo can come close.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back