Soundmagic pl-30 20.00 shipped
Sep 26, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #31 of 523
well i thought it worth a punt for 2x, can't lose!

Sep 26, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #32 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dont those 530s cost a bit of money. I hope you enjoy these as much as some of us do.

Not really, only about 25 times the cost of the PL-30s
wink.gif

I should also have pointed out in my previous post that the SE530s are EXTREMELY efficient. The fact that the PL30s are not as much means they are about average efficiency, not that you must have an amp.

I will post more thoughts on the sound after the weekend.

George

Sep 26, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #33 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, the XBi version is just extra bass. At least that's what Wilson at Jaben said when I asked the difference between the two.

i've never had xbi but i did own x3 and x3i. i really liked x3's detailed sound. i thought x3i was going to be better, and sold x3. big mistake. x3i's bass was too much. i cant even imagine what kinda monster bass xbi would bring.
anyway... i am really excited about this purchase, and cant wait to try them.

has any pl30 users had any experience with altec im716? any comparisons?

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #34 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've never had xbi but i did own x3 and x3i. i really liked x3's detailed sound. i thought x3i was going to be better, and sold x3. big mistake. x3i's bass was too much. i cant even imagine what kinda monster bass xbi would bring.

There will be when i get my phones.
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #35 of 523
Nabbed a pair for $19.82 at Focalprice. Figured it'd be a good cheap headphone for times I don't want to whip out my Sleeks. Not expecting it to be anywhere as good as the Sleeks, however.

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #36 of 523
i have been looking for an iem or canal phone in this price range and decided to give these a try. i also noticed that on the focal price website it now says they are "Genuine Sound Magic Professional Earphones" i'm pretty sure it didn't say that before so looks like they want everyone to know they are the real deal.

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #37 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The iM-716 are a bright sounding canalphone whereas the PL30s are smooth, laid back sounding canalphone. Their highs are just about like the SA6 and they have an overall softer edged, warmer sound than the 716. If you are accustomed to bright phones like the iM-716, you'll need to adjust to the PL30s before you'll appreciate them.

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #39 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nabbed a pair for $19.82 at Focalprice. Figured it'd be a good cheap headphone for times I don't want to whip out my Sleeks. Not expecting it to be anywhere as good as the Sleeks, however.

What is it with us? I have Sleeks, X10s, 716s (modded at 47ohm) and I can't resist the lure of a $20 canal phone. Sick.

Sep 27, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #43 of 523
hm...Seems it is quite attractive

But i can't go to their site... is it just focalprice.com?

Sep 27, 2008 at 8:55 AM Post #44 of 523
oh... It's ok now~
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back