Soundmagic pl-30 20.00 shipped
Oct 25, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #362 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Suicidal Fishee's post made me a bit skeptical. Are these going to be better, on par with, or worse than 11mm Skullcandy FMJ's? This would be when listening to a lot of rock, some of it being distorted and busy like Dinosaur Jr.

Quoted for recognition.

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #363 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quoted for recognition.

From 2 posts ago? Uh, recognized.
rolleyes.gif

I don't have any experience with Skullcandy earphones, though, so I'll leave the task of comparison to someone else...
tongue.gif

Oct 26, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #364 of 523
Would like to post that mine came the other day, so took about a month. They basically told me in the paypal dispute just trust them, glad it worked out and I didn't have to escalate to a claim but the process wasn't reassuring. I normally care about bottom line the most, but in the future I would rather pay the premium and order from someone else rather than focalprice. The deal itself is a bargain though, most other headphones around 20 dollars, except the ksc75 sounds like garbage.

My quick summary of the sound- somewhat recessed mids and lacks treble sparkle, the strong bass mode overpowers the mids and highs even more (as expected). Good detail for such a cheap phone and in the clear mode the bass is strong but not overwhelming. Definitely leans more toward the shure thick/muddy type sound rather than the clean ety type sound. Very good value at 20 dollars shipped.

Oct 27, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #369 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by 20LEGEND /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, am a complete noob. Have heard about the E3 though. Should I pick it up? Will be my first amp; and am a college student, so I don't want to just waste $10.
wink.gif

It's definitely worth it for $10. Or you could wait for the E5 which will be around $15, but I don't know how much better the performance will be.

Also, has anyone who ordered a pair when they were out of stock and that shipped sometime two weeks ago recieved theirs?

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #370 of 523
I didnt even know that my pl30 came in the mail today. So i ordered 10/2 and received it 10/27. Not too bad considering I was told they finally shipped out last week. I wont give them a real listen til tomorrow though. Put them on for a few songs, first thought is that its on about the same level as my marshmallows which is fitting since they're in roughly the same price range. Others impressions seemed much better, so I'll let these burn in ~20 hrs before I really start to pass judgment on these

Oct 28, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #371 of 523
Head-Direct is going to be selling the PL-30s very soon. Don't know if anyone wrote that before, but if not there ya go.

Check their sponsor forum for details here.

Oct 28, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #373 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkems /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What i ordered mine a couple weeks ago. i just got my package and the box is of bluetooth mp3 sunglasses. thats dumb

Lol. See how they sound.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #374 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didnt even know that my pl30 came in the mail today. So i ordered 10/2 and received it 10/27. Not too bad considering I was told they finally shipped out last week. I wont give them a real listen til tomorrow though. Put them on for a few songs, first thought is that its on about the same level as my marshmallows which is fitting since they're in roughly the same price range. Others impressions seemed much better, so I'll let these burn in ~20 hrs before I really start to pass judgment on these

Man, that's when I ordered mine and I still haven't got them. I really hope they get here tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back