Sound quality, storage, battery life, FM radio, simple, small size MP3 player - what do you recommend?
Jul 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Razva

New Head-Fier
Hi folks!

I'm searching for an MP3 player that:

1) has a great sound quality
2) has at least 64GB of storage, but 128GB would be great!
3) has a great battery life. I'm sick of my iPhone which lasts 12 hours...
4) has an FM radio for when I'm tired of my music or want to hear the news
5) it's small

Right now I have a Blackberry (which is great for mail, awful for media), an iPhone (great for apps, awful battery) and an iPad (great for news and videos, awful as a portable). So as you can see each device is great for something, but none is great for music.

As you can guess I'm on the road very often, sometimes it's easier to hear the news than read the news, and juggling between the iDevices every time I want to listen to music is killing me (the iPhone is dead at half a day, then I need to listen at the iPad from my bag, which is hilarious).

I don't want to watch movies or any kind of videos on the MP3 player, so I don't need any IPS/superAMOLED stuff. Just a plain MP3 player with the specs mentioned above.

So, what do you recommend?

Thanks a lot!

Jul 28, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 10
Or if I can't fix my "storage" problem, and I still need to filter my music, than you can cut down request number 2...

So if I can't find something larger than 64GB and I need to filter, it can be 16-32GB...so it can be anything else. In this case what is your advice?

Jul 29, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #8 of 10
Sansa Clip plus with 32 gig micro sd card.  Depending on what size player you go for you could end up with 40 odd gig.  Either that or go for a ipod classic seeing as you obviously use Itunes a lot.

Jul 29, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #9 of 10
Sony X1060, Samsung P3, Philips go gear, Creative X-Fi 2(64GB), Cowon X7, HM-601 and Sansa Fuze.

Jul 31, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
Sony X1060, Samsung P3, Philips go gear, Creative X-Fi 2(64GB), Cowon X7, HM-601 and Sansa Fuze.

Wow, great, thanks!

Which one is the best regarding sound quality and battery life? Seems that - except the iPod Classic - I have no alternative to store all my music, so I can go with any 16-32GB solution...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back