Sorry . . .newbie question . . . $200-350 to spend
Jul 11, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #16 of 21

LOL.

Quote:
Erik, you're not allowed to say stuff like that. When members like you mention things like that, my right eyebrow raises and I have to punch myself in the eye several times to get it to go down... And then while my eye hangs out of its socket, all I can see is my wallet sitting on the table and the credit cards sitting in it just waiting to be plucked.

OH GOD, MAKE IT STOP.

Jul 15, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #17 of 21
ok . . . first thanks for the advice.

I was at a local audio store getting a quote to get some car audio stuff moved from my old car to my new old car . . . and it dawned on me that they might have some cans.  They did.  They had AKG, Senn, and Grado.  I took my ipod in and listened to about everything they had from $100-500.
Everything was nice, as you would expect of nice headphones.  
I was first really surprised at how nice the Grado 225's sounded . . . for the price ($200).  Seems like a great value.

At any rate, I have to go make dinner for the fam, so I will cut this short.  I got 325is (or whatever letters come after it).  Then I bought the bass boost CMOY amp off ebay.  Will have all tomorrow.

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #19 of 21
I got the CMOYBB amp along with the 325is'.  
I have had them both for a few days . . . so it is time for my thoughts:

First, this is my first set of cans.  I have been an IEM only guy since I got into this expensive hobby (and I stay somewhat cheap).  
I really like the sound of true headphones.  More open and larger soundstage for sure.  

I am stunned at how these immerse me in sound, yet still let in noise around me as it comes up.  I do not work in an overly noisy place and I want to hear my phone or my droid telling me I have email.  I get all that, still with great sound.  I am so used to the IEM's that when I hear this stuff it surprises me.

Ok . . . I really like these Grado's.  I do not have a ton of things to compare them to, but I like nearly all genres that I have tried on them.  These seem to do everything well.  I think the amp makes a difference and I like it.  I enjoy the ipod set to no eq and then using the Bass Boost on the amp.

I could not be happier.  

Jul 19, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #20 of 21
yep open headphones are generally a notch above iems, and the grado 325is really brings you into the music. very engaging. had difficulty studying when i had my alessandro ms2i (cousin of the 325is) at the time because it involved me so much with the sound 
smile_phones.gif

nice to know the headphone fulfilled your needs! as to the happier part, wait til you hear the grado rs1 
smile.gif

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #21 of 21
Cool, Glad you're enjoying it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back