Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Oct 13, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #1,621 of 9,173
Quite obvious that most of the sound is coming from the drivers, not the vent.... that video is not indicative of leakeage whatsoever. You have to be wearing the headphones to test for that.

Actually, somebody else has to be wearing them, to test for leakage!  
In the sony store, i tried the clamp-phones-on-bicep routine but couldn`t notice anything. Still, it was too noisy in there to tell anyway.  

Eagerly awaiting an owner`s input.  

Might be me in 6 days . . . 

Oct 13, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #1,622 of 9,173

In the sony store, i tried the clamp-phones-on-bicep routine but couldn`t notice anything. Still, it was too noisy in there to tell anyway.  

I was in an isolated room with a fellow reviewer.  He said the leakage was moderate...and definitely not something to be overlooked.

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #1,623 of 9,173
Bill, it may not have the technical chops to compete with SR-009s (if you can stand those), but it is a good music maker, none-the-less. I'd take the Z7 over SR-009s, but that's because SR-009s, while good, have serious flaws, IMO. The Z7 isn't perfect either, but it's only sins are that it's not a hyper detail machine like SR-009s. In a properly dialed system I'd take HD800s over Z7s, however do note that my impressions of the Z7 were with them plugged directly into my Acer tablet, not the best 'chain'.

So you are saying that they are not as source demanding as some may lead you to think. ie if you dont have the pha-3 or some totl you wont be satisfied?

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #1,624 of 9,173

you need to work out more 
biggrin.gif

with a properly developed bicep your test would be valid 
biggrin.gif

sorry, could not resist.

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #1,625 of 9,173
So you are saying that they are not as source demanding as some may lead you to think. ie if you dont have the pha-3 or some totl you wont be satisfied?

I don't know how they scale as I only tested on the tablet. My tablet has pretty good sounding headphone output, but there's obviously not much power there.

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #1,626 of 9,173
  you need to work out more 
biggrin.gif

with a properly developed bicep your test would be valid 
biggrin.gif

sorry, could not resist.

Oh my bicep is huge, actually bigger than my head.  And therefore my brain . . . 

Oct 13, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #1,627 of 9,173
  My smart-ass comment was implying that the music was terrible.  I am truly sorry for degrading the level of discourse in the thread.  

Please carry on.  

d

And my smart ass didn't pick up your smart ass comment :p

That made me chuckle.

Carry on

Oct 13, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #1,628 of 9,173
What is a smart ass comment? Sorry, I am not English or American.

Oct 13, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #1,630 of 9,173
It means they were just being (in this case, deliberately) annoying.

Thanks. I am interested in the Sony. So I want to understand All comments. I own the 0ppo PM-1. Can anybody compare this phone with the Sony?

Oct 13, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #1,632 of 9,173
And based on my experience, if you don't like LCD-2s you will like Z7s. :wink:

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #1,635 of 9,173

Users who are viewing this thread

Back