Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Sep 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #452 of 9,173
Can't we just all get along
redface.gif

YES!!! And get excited!!!

Sep 5, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #453 of 9,173
I hear you. It's getting pretty hot in here when everything 'nice' seems to be $300 or more. I don't see the point in paying so much money for portable products when there is always noise around us and don't get the silence that is needed to hear what the so called high resolution music has to offer. Maybe they should include vacuum helmets with oxygen supply from now on.
It's funny how Sony mentions that high res offers 30% more clarity than conventional cd. Makes me think my files are all garbage. I'm not willing to swap out all my music files that I collected over the years for the new sensation. Just be happy with what we have and enjoy the music!
Sure, but then those people aren't buying for the music.

There's nothing wrong with that, and one can be both a music lover and a hardcore audiophile.

What I don't understand though, is people spending all their money in there, then arguing about how important music is. Just like those photographers who really only enjoy unboxing. 

On another topic :

Believe it or not, but I've talked to a bloke once who told me that, his Leica X1's box all made up for the poor experience the camera gave him.

That's Box > Product here.

I might be very controversial in saying this, but IMHO Head-Fi is not a hobby worthy of long time savings.

I'm talking out of first-hand experience there.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my set-up and I still look forward to what I might be buying next.

Yet I can't help thinking that I could have spent 80% less and still be just as happy as I am right now, perhaps even more since the rest could have been spent for more music or even perhaps some of my other hobbies...

Sep 5, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #455 of 9,173
It's funny how Sony mentions that high res offers 30% more clarity than conventional cd. Makes me think my files are all garbage. I'm not willing to swap out all my music files that I collected over the years for the new sensation. Just be happy with what we have and enjoy the music!

Maybe it's 30% more clear to a dog.  Nyquist/Shannon, your own limits on hearing, and the ambient noise floor (not to mention if they loudness compress the music) make 16bit/44.1kHz all you'll ever need for playback.

The mastering process and the quality of your speakers/headphones are what will make the most difference.

Hi res audio marketers are definitely earning their money on the backs of fundamental misunderstanding of digital sampling by the majority of 'audiophiles'.

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #456 of 9,173
If these turn out to be anything like the DR-Z7 from 1978, they're gonna be on my skull the moment they're available in the US. Really excited.

Are those cups plastic, magnesium, aluminum, or what?

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #457 of 9,173

Is he just a normal member? Or does he work for that "specific company"?
If he works for that company then he has the right to withhold info, but if he is just a normal member with no association with that company, then why does he have the right to withhold info from the rest of us? I don't get it.

He has the right to do anything he wants - you are owed nothing. I think you need to re-evaluate your attitude & expectations.

I would assume that he has friends / connections to Sony, and he can HINT at things but not outright state them. Is this really so hard to comprehend? Besides - if it's not an official source so everything he HINTS at is subject to change & should be taken with a grain of salt.

If you don't enjoy reading his hints, feel free to block him.

OY VEY

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #458 of 9,173

He has the right to do anything he wants - you are owed nothing. I think you need to re-evaluate your attitude & expectations.

I would assume that he has friends / connections to Sony, and he can HINT at things but not outright state them. Is this really so hard to comprehend? Besides - if it's not an official source so everything he HINTS at is subject to change & should be taken with a grain of salt.

If you don't enjoy reading his hints, feel free to block him.

OY VEY

Are you his lawyer now?
Nomax is perfectly capable of speaking for himself.

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #459 of 9,173
And he's perfectly allowed to speak out if he's annoyed, not that I'm taking any sides in this. I'm just happy I got to order hifiman's new ear bud :D

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #460 of 9,173
in the same vein, he is perfectly capable of remaining silent about the details of these upcoming phones. i also find it strange how an 18 year old (as your username purports) can be so disrespectful online, when you probably wouldn't talk to people in this manner IRL

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #461 of 9,173
Alright guys enough about the Nomax debate. Getting too off topic and annoying. :deadhorse:

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #462 of 9,173
Well, that's the very nature of the internet. Because consequence had mainly gone out the window for any social interaction, people no longer have any hesitation to say whatever comes to mind, with courtesy usually forgotten.

This statement in no way is directed at anyone on head fi, just relaying my dismay with the Internet's main flaw, to me at least.

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #465 of 9,173
  in the same vein, he is perfectly capable of remaining silent about the details of these upcoming phones. i also find it strange how an 18 year old (as your username purports) can be so disrespectful online, when you probably wouldn't talk to people in this manner IRL

Do you have a problem with me being 18?

I was not being disrespectful, I was simply trying to find out who Nomax is as to why he has special inside knowledge and as to where he is getting his info from. 

If someone doesn't have an industry insider / member of the trade badge under his username, doesn't state where he is receiving his information from / provide any links to where he is getting his info from starts spewing out 'leaks' / 'info' regarding a product, I have the right to be a be bit skeptical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back