Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Sep 29, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #1,171 of 9,173
+1 on the sa3000.  When sq's for more bass and less highs these things are incredibly detailed.  I have a Emotiva xda2 and vintage Oynko. 
Once again Canadians are left out in the cold.  I tried ordering through amazon.com and they won't deliver to Canada.  What happened to free trade?

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #1,172 of 9,173
Nomax, does the Z7 tend to have a wider soundstage or a deeper soundstage?

For me the soundstage is more closer and deeper to me,for mobile use yes i really really love the Z7(Comfort is OUTSTANDING) but for home listening experience i prefer in this Price Range hd 700 or ALPHA DOG(more audiophil -Detail sound)much much more

Sorry but my english is to Bad to give more Detail Information

NOMAX

Sep 29, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #1,175 of 9,173
Nomax, how is the sound versus the HD650? You say it's rolled off, and got me wondering, what is your préférences in sound level pressure? Do you like to listen really really loud? Or not loud at all? Just curious.

About the MDRZ7 not being the flagship, can you elaborate?

And I want the third one :

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #1,176 of 9,173
Just give us more detailes in your language and then we use google to translate in english thanks.

In meiner Sprache

Also zu SONY'S Z7

Also das positivste an dem Z7 ist echt der super Tragekomfort,die Verarbeitung,die Ohrpolster,für diesen Preis einfach sehr sehr gut und unschlagbar

Zum Klang- was erwartet man für 600 Euro?eine Art TH 900 von Sony?ein Flagship?die Antwort NEIN!
Für mich ist der Bass zu stark ausgeprägt und dadurch kommt mir der ganze Höhenbereich irgendwie sehr dumpf vor

Was aber sehr positiv ist und einfach traumhaft ist sind die Mitten

Ich sehe den SONY durch seine Klangsignatur sehr einzigartig und er macht auch richtig Spaß wenn man ihn mobil und unterwegs nützt weil er richtig geschlossen ist!(perfekt Isolation)

Wenn ich aber zu Hause Musik höre greife ich auf jeden Fall zum HD 700 oder zum ALPHA DOG(gleicher Preis)weil diese beiden einfach mehr ausgewogener klingen und nicht so aufdringlich wie der Z7!

Wie gesagt für mich persönlich zuviel Bass(mehr als TH 900)und zu wenig Höhen

Jeder hört anders,jeder hat andere Vorlieben und am Ende wird jeder für sich selber entscheiden

Für mich hat der Sony auf jeden Fall einen festen Platz in meiner Sammlung

Liebe Grüße aus Österreich NOMAX

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #1,178 of 9,173
In meiner Sprache

Also zu SONY'S Z7

Also das positivste an dem Z7 ist echt der super Tragekomfort,die Verarbeitung,die Ohrpolster,für diesen Preis einfach sehr sehr gut und unschlagbar

Zum Klang- was erwartet man für 600 Euro?eine Art TH 900 von Sony?ein Flagship?die Antwort NEIN!
Für mich ist der Bass zu stark ausgeprägt und dadurch kommt mir der ganze Höhenbereich irgendwie sehr dumpf vor

Was aber sehr positiv ist und einfach traumhaft ist sind die Mitten

Ich sehe den SONY durch seine Klangsignatur sehr einzigartig und er macht auch richtig Spaß wenn man ihn mobil und unterwegs nützt weil er richtig geschlossen ist!(perfekt Isolation)

Wenn ich aber zu Hause Musik höre greife ich auf jeden Fall zum HD 700 oder zum ALPHA DOG(gleicher Preis)weil diese beiden einfach mehr ausgewogener klingen

Wie gesagt für mich persönlich zuviel Bass(mehr als TH 900)und zu wenig Höhen

Jeder hört anders,jeder hat andere Vorlieben und am Ende wird jeder für sich selber entscheiden

Für mich hat der Sony auf jeden Fall einen festen Platz in meiner Sammlung

Liebe Grüße aus Österreich NOMAX

Google translated and condensed:

Great comfort, isolation, and portability. Great mids. Too much bass. Not as neutral as a true flagship model or even some other cans in the same price range. But very nice. He's keeping his.

How'd I do?

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #1,180 of 9,173

Google translated and condensed:

Great comfort, isolation, and portability. Great mids. Too much bass. Not as neutral as a true flagship model or even some other cans in the same price range. But very nice. He's keeping his.

How'd I do?

Perfect summary...
wink_face.gif

@Nomax: Vielen Dank!...da warte ich dann mal auf die Frequenzschriebe...thank you very much! Eager to see the first FR graphs

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #1,181 of 9,173
Has there been a conclusion as to what material the cups are made out of?  I'm hoping they're not plastic.

Thank you for the balanced input, Nomax!  It is refreshing to see something that reads objectively vs all the rah rah rah B.S. before someone's even listened to a pair.

HS

Sep 29, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #1,184 of 9,173
  Metal, if I'm not wrong.

"The headband and adjusters are using stainless steel. The entire cup is made of magnesium aluminum alloy.  Aluminum for strength and magnesium for better damping characteristics."

Thank you....that's great news!  Me no likey plastic on something in this price range...

biggrin.gif

HS

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #1,185 of 9,173
Yep, even the cups pivot shafts are metal. The other headphone I was considering is the HE-560 but uses plastic forks(yokes) to hold the cups. If you look at the picture of the HE-560 on Amazon on the left cup in the middle of the wood trim you will see what appears to be a crack. But I still wanted to check out the SQ signature on the HE560.

My Shure 940 lasted only a year and half and the all plastic headband broke on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back