Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Oct 14, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #4,762 of 5,804
If it was dirty and covered with ear wax or dust that wouldn't come off by blowing it. My filter is clean, but I've seen pics of really nasty looking ones before on IEMs.
I had such a problem on my xba 40, they are very rare and not very clogged with gray, but there are people who very rarely wash their ears!

Oct 14, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #4,763 of 5,804
I bet you could pull it out with a needle nose tweezer.
It wouldn’t come out. It was attached at the bottom (somehow, maybe glued or by some other restraint method). The filter was long, like the full tube length. Not just a flat disc covering the hole (like most IEMs I’ve seen). I’d have no way of knowing how to reattach it if I yanked on it to dislodge it. I’m going to just brush the tips. Mine are not so gunked up.

Oct 14, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #4,766 of 5,804
Nope, but I bet you can. If my girlfriend can pick blackheads out of my nose with a needle nose tweezers, picking a foam filter out of the nozzle is no problem at all. My z5 is clean as I've had it for only a few months.
Apparently, “clean” is relative in your world. Haha.
I’ve had mine for 3 or 4 years? They’re still in good shape and pretty clean. I just wanted to make sure the wax wasn’t building up on my filters too much.

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #4,767 of 5,804
In regards to Triple Comfort fit. I use M and L Sony silicon tips, as with my right ear I cannot get a proper seal from M since I bought Kimber or it really troublesome. Feels like M needs just a little more grip. Should I get M sized Triple Comfort tips and that porous material will grip better my right ear or go with M+L as with silicon? Much appreciate any hints.

Oct 26, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #4,768 of 5,804
In regards to Triple Comfort fit. I use M and L Sony silicon tips, as with my right ear I cannot get a proper seal from M since I bought Kimber or it really troublesome. Feels like M needs just a little more grip. Should I get M sized Triple Comfort tips and that porous material will grip better my right ear or go with M+L as with silicon? Much appreciate any hints.

I'd wait for ML sized tips to hit the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back