1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5

First

Back
308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317
319 320 321
Next

Last
  1. Gosod
    This is a very fragile filter, on my z5 I did not try and did not think to play with filters because in case of not luck it would be an expensive loss.️‍

2. FangJoker
    I bet you could pull it out with a needle nose tweezer.

3. Wiz33
    But why would you?

4. Marvellous_DAP
    No difference in sound quality whether taking it out or not. No difference in sound even if you use a Comply tip with additional wax filter.

5. FangJoker
    If it was dirty and covered with ear wax or dust that wouldn't come off by blowing it. My filter is clean, but I've seen pics of really nasty looking ones before on IEMs.

6. Gosod
    This is not a reliable method, because we do not know at what level and how they are built in the headphones to put them back.

7. Gosod
    I had such a problem on my xba 40, they are very rare and not very clogged with gray, but there are people who very rarely wash their ears!

8. silverfishla
    It wouldn’t come out. It was attached at the bottom (somehow, maybe glued or by some other restraint method). The filter was long, like the full tube length. Not just a flat disc covering the hole (like most IEMs I’ve seen). I’d have no way of knowing how to reattach it if I yanked on it to dislodge it. I’m going to just brush the tips. Mine are not so gunked up.

9. silverfishla
    Have you taken it out?

10. FangJoker
    Nope, but I bet you can. If my girlfriend can pick blackheads out of my nose with a needle nose tweezers, picking a foam filter out of the nozzle is no problem at all. My z5 is clean as I've had it for only a few months.

11. silverfishla
    Apparently, “clean” is relative in your world. Haha.
    I’ve had mine for 3 or 4 years? They’re still in good shape and pretty clean. I just wanted to make sure the wax wasn’t building up on my filters too much.

12. lacedaemonian88
    In regards to Triple Comfort fit. I use M and L Sony silicon tips, as with my right ear I cannot get a proper seal from M since I bought Kimber or it really troublesome. Feels like M needs just a little more grip. Should I get M sized Triple Comfort tips and that porous material will grip better my right ear or go with M+L as with silicon? Much appreciate any hints.

13. FangJoker
    I'd wait for ML sized tips to hit the market.

14. lacedaemonian88
    It should be out soon, I guess?

15. Love Music
    Currently interested in the z5, e70 and I'm04. looking for something with good bass impact, forward and airy vocals and good sound stage.

First

Back
308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317
319 320 321
Next

Last