Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Mar 20, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #4,021 of 5,804
Anyone compared the XBA-N3AP to the Z5? Not a lot of movement on the N3 thread. Would LOVE a "mini" Z5 to use at work of some sort. Coworkers look at me strange when I wear the Z5 thinking I have two USB thumb drives in my ears :)

-Collin-
Hey Collin, Wear 'em after detaching the cable. I am sure one of your colleagues will faint :wink:

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #4,022 of 5,804
  Anyone compared the XBA-N3AP to the Z5? Not a lot of movement on the N3 thread. Would LOVE a "mini" Z5 to use at work of some sort. Coworkers look at me strange when I wear the Z5 thinking I have two USB thumb drives in my ears :)

-Collin-

I usually don't care how they look at me as long my Z6 sound damn good

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #4,025 of 5,804
After few months' use, the fit starts to have a tow on my ear.. They still sound fabulous, dont get me wrong, but when you are about to take a nap and hit on some of your favourite ASMR channels, nope you have to lay flat..

Same with me. Lol can't face sideways as the earpiece would fall or at least get removed from being sealed to my ears

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #4,028 of 5,804

I usually don't care how they look at me as long my Z6 sound damn good

lol n3ap is another beauty.. i guess z5 is even less comfortable when laying sideways?

as sound signature, i listen to classical and jazz so i would say it's more balanced? 

which is more balanced? N3AP or Z5? i find my Z5 driven by WM1A quite balanced sig

Mar 23, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #4,030 of 5,804
Anyone has fresh opinions on the H3 vs Z5?
(yes, I still haven't lost hope of receiving my Z5, but almost)

I'm definitely not going to "buy" another Z5, but might have a go at the H3, since I can return it if it's not worth it.
It costs less than half of the Z5, so I'm wondering how close it gets.

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #4,031 of 5,804
I used to own the H3. Not close. Z5 is much more refined all the way around. Sound signature is similar but that is about the only comparison to the two. 

Z5 is a good 2 tiers of earphone above the H3. I balanced mode it is probably another tier above that. 

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #4,032 of 5,804
  Z5 is a good 2 tiers of earphone above the H3. I balanced mode it is probably another tier above that. 

Hmm, somewhat matches what I read in other sources. Guess it might not be justified.

And now, for something totally different... anyone has both the Z5 and the Campfire Audio Vega?

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #4,034 of 5,804
  Anyone has fresh opinions on the H3 vs Z5?
(yes, I still haven't lost hope of receiving my Z5, but almost)

I'm definitely not going to "buy" another Z5, but might have a go at the H3, since I can return it if it's not worth it.
It costs less than half of the Z5, so I'm wondering how close it gets.

You might be better off with the XBA-A3.  I've had that and currently have the XBA-Z5.  It was tough to say which is better but I ended up with the Z5.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #4,035 of 5,804
  I used to own the H3. Not close. Z5 is much more refined all the way around. Sound signature is similar but that is about the only comparison to the two. 

don't bother with the h3. As a previous poster mentioned the A3 is a better alternative

Users who are viewing this thread

Back