Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Oct 13, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #2,476 of 5,804
[/IMG] In the House.

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #2,477 of 5,804
In the House.

Great combo I was a bit disappointed by my A3 at first (using NWZ-A17) because bassy and chorus distortion (metallic sounding high voices like compresed clapping sound in youtube)..

But love my ZX100 it spits the most clean sound ever... metallic distortion is thing of the past. If I only had my XBA-H3 to do a comparo...

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #2,478 of 5,804
did any hear the new sony h.ear nc in ear monitor 

it has noise cancellation

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #2,479 of 5,804
Did you saw that guys..? shure is releasing a microdriver electrostatic IEM! O_______________O but priced at crappy 3000 USD

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #2,480 of 5,804
Did you saw that guys..? shure is releasing a microdriver electrostatic IEM! O_______________O but priced at crappy 3000 USD
But the crappy Layla costs almost that much.

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #2,481 of 5,804
Oct 22, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #2,483 of 5,804
Oct 23, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #2,484 of 5,804
Agreed but it looks great. BTW The Campfire Lyra sounds very very nice and it looked great.

I think im just too addicted to the bass of the z5. I tried a ton of iems (presented to me by gushy head-fi'ers saying the bass would be awesome) and the only iem that came anywhere near to the z5 (but still not enough) was the se846 though it lacks sub-bass imo. 

Is the Lyra the BA or dynamic model? 

I am holding out for more hybrid iems. I'd love to see a 4 driver Sony follow-up with an extra BA for bass to add more detail there...prob just the one flaw I find with the z5. 
There are some such iems around, mostly from Japan as far as I saw. 

Dan 

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #2,485 of 5,804
I think im just too addicted to the bass of the z5. I tried a ton of iems (presented to me by gushy head-fi'ers saying the bass would be awesome) and the only iem that came anywhere near to the z5 (but still not enough) was the se846 though it lacks sub-bass imo. 

Is the Lyra the BA or dynamic model? 

I am holding out for more hybrid iems. I'd love to see a 4 driver Sony follow-up with an extra BA for bass to add more detail there...prob just the one flaw I find with the z5. 
There are some such iems around, mostly from Japan as far as I saw. 

Dan 
Lyra is a Dynamic Driver and it sounds great like if the z5 and ie800 became one iem. The new Aurisonics Forte is also similar to the Z5.

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #2,486 of 5,804
Lyra is a Dynamic Driver and it sounds great like if the z5 and ie800 became one iem. The new Aurisonics Forte is also similar to the Z5.

Hi jmills8! I see you have heard the new Forte and Harmony. How would you compare these two against A3? I'm considering A3 or Forte (not so much Harmony due to its price tag) but A3 is a lot cheaper here (in Hong Kong) so I'm torn. I've heard the A3 but not the Forte, is there a considerable difference in both's performance?

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #2,487 of 5,804
Hi jmills8! I see you have heard the new Forte and Harmony. How would you compare these two against A3? I'm considering A3 or Forte (not so much Harmony due to its price tag) but A3 is a lot cheaper here (in Hong Kong) so I'm torn. I've heard the A3 but not the Forte, is there a considerable difference in both's performance?
Good question and I have all three iems you mentioned. Well all three are very good and you can easily go to Mong Kok and demo the Forte and Harmony and two shops has the A3 for demo. What stlyes of music you like and what sort of sound you looking for? You like strong trebles? You want strong bass ? Up front mids or neutral mids ?

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #2,488 of 5,804
Good question and I have all three iems you mentioned. Well all three are very good and you can easily go to Mong Kok and demo the Forte and Harmony and two shops has the A3 for demo. What stlyes of music you like and what sort of sound you looking for? You like strong trebles? You want strong bass ? Up front mids or neutral mids ?

Good morning and thanks for the prompt response! Yes I will demo the Bravo series soon, didn't realize you also live in HK heh!

I mostly listen to pop stuff with a bit of electronic and rock mixed in - from Adele, The Weeknd, Ed Sheeran, Muse to Taylor Swift (I know I know...) and I enjoy a "fun" sound. I currently own the JVC FX1200 (aka the 1100) and I thought they were perfect, until I demoed a pair of A3s last week, and the hybrids' ability to achieve amazing bass AND clarity in mids/treble blew me away. I still enjoy my JVC woodies a lot but I prefer the additional clarity in vocals found in hybirds. I find the JVC to be a bit too dark for my taste.

So in short, I like strong, punchy, controlled but not overwhelming bass; crystal clear, close, intimate vocals. I'm not sure what I'm looking for in treble, but like I said, I very much enjoy a fun and energetic sound, so I guess I do like a certain amount of treble too. Based on your experience, would you recommend the A3 or Forte?  (Or even the Harmony, even though it's quite over my budget)

Oct 25, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #2,489 of 5,804
Good morning and thanks for the prompt response! Yes I will demo the Bravo series soon, didn't realize you also live in HK heh!

I mostly listen to pop stuff with a bit of electronic and rock mixed in - from Adele, The Weeknd, Ed Sheeran, Muse to Taylor Swift (I know I know...) and I enjoy a "fun" sound. I currently own the JVC FX1200 (aka the 1100) and I thought they were perfect, until I demoed a pair of A3s last week, and the hybrids' ability to achieve amazing bass AND clarity in mids/treble blew me away. I still enjoy my JVC woodies a lot but I prefer the additional clarity in vocals found in hybirds. I find the JVC to be a bit too dark for my taste.

So in short, I like strong, punchy, controlled but not overwhelming bass; crystal clear, close, intimate vocals. I'm not sure what I'm looking for in treble, but like I said, I very much enjoy a fun and energetic sound, so I guess I do like a certain amount of treble too. Based on your experience, would you recommend the A3 or Forte?  (Or even the Harmony, even though it's quite over my budget)
I love the A3 and Z5. Go for Forte or A3 . Forte has a great fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back