Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Aug 27, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #2,161 of 5,804
Count me in when it happens:rocket:
Thanks, I'll be on the lookout. They'll likely be available for $399 again on Groupon for the third or fourth time sometime soon from what I'm seeing.

I don't necessarily listen to my EX1000s loud anyway, at most at 30% volume on all of my devices. And they're not the only headphones I use, so the differing signature of the Z5s shouldn't be much of a shock. As long as the spike in the highs from the EX1000 isn't there, I'll likely fall in love with them.

Though, if I had point of worry, it'd be the MMCX connectors. Are really as delicate as some people have complained? I've never owned headphones that use them so I don't know what to expect, but then so many headphones have them so maybe I shouldn't worry as much.

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #2,162 of 5,804
If coming from SE846, you won't be disappointed.. If you were coming from a IE800, then you would be
smily_headphones1.gif

FWIW, that was my experience...

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #2,163 of 5,804
This is my first time buying an audio cable and i gotta say i'm impressed by it, the sound improvement was noticeable on my A3 with tigther bass response more forward mids and the highs are more well rounded now like some other users reported, instrument separation has the most improvement imo. Maybe i was able to spot the changes immediately because i've been listening to nothing but the A3 for half a year+. Notice how big the jack is...

Aug 28, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #2,164 of 5,804
This is my first time buying an audio cable and i gotta say i'm impressed by it, the sound improvement was noticeable on my A3 with tigther bass response more forward mids and the highs are more well rounded now like some other users reported, instrument separation has the most improvement imo. Maybe i was able to spot the changes immediately because i've been listening to nothing but the A3 for half a year+.tice how big the jack is...

How good is the isolation on the A3? and sound quaity (compared to xba-h3)?

Aug 28, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #2,165 of 5,804
Aug 28, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #2,166 of 5,804
Hybrids are all I use as well, I have tried UE, JVC spiral dot, and others but alway come back to the hybrids. They are the most comfortable and shape the sound the best for my ears.

do those hybrid tips come with z5 or do u have to buy them separately, if they have to be bought separately can you provide a link for an online store the ships worldwide

Aug 29, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #2,167 of 5,804
  How good is the isolation on the A3? and sound quaity (compared to xba-h3)?

Definitely better than the H3.The isolation is good since they moved the vent to the side of the cable connect area and it is looks like a small slit instead of using a hole as vent,but wind noise is still present. The bass is tighter mids&vocals are more forward&present since the bass is not bloated and highs extend well too but the h3 is more sibilant,instrument separation is slightly better on the A3 & the soundstage is big on both. Both have their cons corrected after using the upgrade cable(recommend getting one) since the cable makes the slightly bloated bass tighter,vocals clearer & highs extend better. Improvement isn't huge but definitely noticeable. Getting the cable for the H3 is another option too, but upgrading to A3 or Z5 will be better.

Aug 29, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #2,168 of 5,804
  Definitely better than the H3.The isolation is good since they moved the vent to the side of the cable connect area and it is looks like a small slit instead of using a hole as vent,but wind noise is still present. The bass is tighter mids&vocals are more forward&present since the bass is not bloated and highs extend well too but the h3 is more sibilant,instrument separation is slightly better on the A3 & the soundstage is big on both. Both have their cons corrected after using the upgrade cable(recommend getting one) since the cable makes the slightly bloated bass tighter,vocals clearer & highs extend better. Improvement isn't huge but definitely noticeable. Getting the cable for the H3 is another option too, but upgrading to A3 or Z5 will be better.

Which after-market cable are you using ?

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #2,170 of 5,804
Aug 29, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #2,171 of 5,804
any recommendations
I actually prefer the stock hybrid tips over other tips. But the JVC Spiral Dot tips work very well and slightly change the signature increasing the upper mids and treble due to the wider opening of the tip. If the fit works for you you could also try the spinfit tips but I peronally can't get them to fit in my ears properly. You will have to search the forum for links or use Google.

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #2,172 of 5,804
I actually prefer the stock hybrid tips over other tips. But the JVC Spiral Dot tips work very well and slightly change the signature increasing the upper mids and treble due to the wider opening of the tip. If the fit works for you you could also try the spinfit tips but I peronally can't get them to fit in my ears properly. You will have to search the forum for links or use Google.

on my shure 846 i use the large tips i was wondering if i would need to buy the spiral dots large or medium large any help guys

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #2,173 of 5,804
I also use large and use large spiral dots as well.

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #2,174 of 5,804

Thanks, yeah i am considering the A3 because my budget can't buy the Z5, but as IFA Berlin is near, better wait than lament as usual "screwn sony, i have bought an A3 and you out a new iteration"  :D

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #2,175 of 5,804
Thanks, yeah i am considering the A3 because my budget can't buy the Z5, but as IFA Berlin is near, better wait than lament as usual "screwn sony, i have bought an A3 and you out a new iteration"  :D
Well, you can never get the latest & newest forever lol. I bought the A3 because they have better value and great reviews on the net compared to the time when H3 released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back